Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering i any has has or knows others who have run the Greddy Type S Coilover Kit on the Is300 and what their take is... any suggestions
I'm thinking about getting these or going JIC

this is straight from the site:

front 10K-L200mm /rear 9K-L220mm
Four Corner, Full Length Adjustable Ride Height
Mono Tube Shock Design
Adjustable Spherical Bearing Upper Mounts
32 Way Adjustable compression and rebound dampening
Strengthened Rubber Bushing Upper Mounts and Billet Brackets
Extended Adjustable Cable - allows easy dampening adjustments without having to removed the covers over the rear shock mounts
Lightweight High-Grade Coil Springs

·
Registered
213 Posts
I actually installed these a few weeks ago and they ride almost like stock...which is why i dont really like them anymore

I daily drive with them on full stiff and it doesnt feel like a coilovered car at all, but they are really comfy.
I havent had time to get to the track yet so I have no track experience with these only street driving.

If I had to do it again I would go with a stiffer setup, Which I probally will next month.

Let me know if you have any specific questions

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well that sucks.. I've riden' a car with Tein Flex and also a super drift and it wasnt stiff either the stiffest ones i know of are the apex ones but those are pushing 2g's hmm anybody else got in put on this one?

·
Registered
242 Posts
i just received them today. i will post up when i get them installed and get an alignment. they look to be of very high quality, however the instructions are in japanese haha. but my eyes lit up when UPS delivered a big box that says TRUST on it.

i chose them because they have bushed upper mounts which allows for the smooth ride, vs. the solid mounts on say HKS or JIC. i didn't want something that would break my spine. but they do come with upper mounts which is nice so you don't have to use a spring compressor, just take out your stocks and put these bad boys in. they also have a control unit available similar to Teins EDFC which adjusts the damping via small motors on the top mounts. this allows you to change the damper settings on the fly.

there are a few reviews on the forum and all of the people running them can't complain. i like the idea that you can adjust the height of the car via the lower perch, which allows you to slam the car without affecting the shock travel. JIC and HKS i believe allow you to do the same.

i researched alot before i made my decision. so lets hope i was right! haha. i got them for about 1250 shipped brand new as they were on sale with free shipping.

·
Registered
242 Posts
teins seem to have a bad rep on this forum. i used to have tein SS on my scion tc and within a month sold them because they were too stiff at full stiff, and bouncy on medium. the damping doesnt seem to be matched to the super stiff spring rates. i believe the SS doesnt come with upper mounts either.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
well that sucks.. I've riden' a car with Tein Flex and also a super drift and it wasnt stiff either the stiffest ones i know of are the apex ones but those are pushing 2g's hmm anybody else got in put on this one?
if your're talking about the Apexi N1 i have those, but yet to install them.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I've heard REALLY good things about JIC coilovers. Aznhypnotiq has JIC coilovers and loves them and I rode in his car and the ride was sporty yet comfortable from what I could tell. He previously had Teins of some sort and hated them. You could shoot him a PM.

Reactions: jbtechr

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah JIC are really nice coilovers but are probally too stiff for most on this forum.
Dont get me wrong the Greddy coils are really nice and the build quality is on par with most mid level coils($1800+), its just i wish they were a tad stiffer.
But as far as handling they do ride real smooth over bumps and potholes and arent bouncy at all, even at my ride height. (I havent had a chance to corner balance them but so far they are a good "daily driver" suspension)

The only reason tein has a bad rap on this forum is because over the past few years their quality has seen to take a downward turn. And you have all these other companies offering essentially the same coilover for a fraction of the price (lets face it Teins are way overpriced for what they are).

·
Registered
242 Posts
alright, i put them in today and it took about 5 hours taking my time. i havent had a chance to really take some turns with them yet but i love them already. they are indeed super smooth, even at full stiff. i decided not to adjust the damping or the height and installed em the way they came out of the box. the initial drop is about 1 finger front and 1 1/2-2 fingers in the rear. i will get some pix once i get my wheels on in the next few days.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool, well i went ahead and ordered the greddys so ill join you on riding the greddy's soon

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Theres a guy on this site who just put his JIC Magic FLT A2 Coilovers up for sale. He's asking $1000 (they sell knew for around $1850 or so).

Ooops just read you already made a purchase.....well if anyone else want them its a good price IMO.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the Greddy Type-S Coilovers and I love them.

Reactions: jbtechr
1 - 13 of 13 Posts