Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting my IS-350 in the next 2 weeks. I have the Performance Luxury Plus Package with the 18" x8" wheels up front with 225/40 tires and 18" x8.5" in back with the 255/40 tires. Here in Michigan we have horrible pot holes in the Winter so I am leaning towards buying a set of 17" wheels w/ a higher profile snowtire. What is best size wheel and tire combo keeping in mind that the Sport Suspension with this set up is apparently slightly lowered. On my current Sportcross I used the stock 17" wheels (wider in the rear) year round and swapped out the tires seasonally and the wheel took quite beating in the winter as my Blizzaks had the same 40 profile as my summer tires. l
Also is it acceptible to use 4 of the same size wheels and tires on all four corners on the new car for the winter set or should I keep the stagger like on the 18" that come with? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Having done a little searching would a set up of 17" x 7.5" on all fours with Dunlop Winter Sport M3 tires 225/50/17 fit on the sport suspension set up of my 350 as the December thru March set up for my new car? Any thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts