Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some money leftover (don't ask me how :D ) and I was thinking of getting my headlight, fog, and rear painted. Now the question is should I get chrome black or flat black? Anybody done this before on a white (DWP) IS? I think it will go well with my rmm front lip....also, who was it that can do this in socal?

edit: Also want to do the same thing to my clear sidemarker too...

TIA

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
- I have a white IS with black rears... im too lazy to do the fronts, probably will never do them...

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
mine:

no shots directly of the ass though...

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Nemo said:
thanks...but anybody with front?
- good question, I wanna see that also...

- I found an ass pic directly from behind:

·
Registered
904 Posts
So those are the dark JDM rears? I get confused with the terms black chrome vs dark, since they all look the same to me :eek:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
OZIS200 said:
So those are the dark JDM rears? I get confused with the terms black chrome vs dark, since they all look the same to me :eek:
- from what I understand:

JDM black chrome (darker then US black chrome) the ones I have
JDM flat black
US black chrome

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
AsianSensation334 said:
man damn those jdm flat back headlights are fuggin sick :p
- too bad they aren't HID :whine:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my first choice is to go all JDM flat black look...but after some search i found out it's hard to paint the JDM flat black look for the taillights and i heard that it cost around $500 for the JDM flat black.. :eek:

so probably i will have to go with my second choice, which is JDM chrome black for all fogs, headlight, and taillights since JDM chrome black is darker than the US chrome black...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts