Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my cars driver's side fender was hit a little while ago. I got an estimate for the repair for about $1300. I'm thinking of replacing the hood and both front fenders with CF OEM replacements for about the same price. Maybe get a CF OEM replacement spoiler. Does any body have a pics of a GGP with CF hood and fenders? How do you guys think it would look?
Maybe a CF front lip also? Any other kinds of CF lips besides the RMM with CF splitter and Seibon?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
DO it DO IT DO IT!!!! I've had the same thought myself. Someone is selling the CF fender on here right now. The hood looks good for sure (I'd go with an oem style one). I'm sure the fender would look nice too and if they don't you can always just paint them GGP (and now its lighter than normal so it's still better), so really whats stopping you? You win either way.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I think it would look good on a GGP, go for it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else wanna chime in? All input is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you have pinstripes, don't do it.

$1300 just for the fender is pretty steep. I've had the same repair you're looking to get done twice for around $600-$700.

Also, if you're as nitpicky as I am, I would try and get the same brand of everything, because some carbon fiber pieces differ in shade and weave size. It would not look aesthetically pleasing if your fenders and hood mismatched by those characteristics.

Down the road, you're going to look at your car and want more CF pieces because only parts of your front are the only places that has them. Do you think the front clip of your IS, decked out with CF, EXCEPT for the bumper, would look nice?

In my most humble and honest opinion, mismatching pieces don't look right. But if you think that the money is worth it, by all means, do it.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats why I was thinking to put a CF OEM replacement spoiler and a CF lip (maybe RMM with carbon splitter, dont know if there are any other CF lip options besides that and the seibon)
That way its a little more balanced.

·
Registered
650 Posts
remember you cant roll cf fenders. only cut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts