Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the exact ground clearance with wald lip with no drop? im thinkin of gettin wald and lower it... but im not sure how low i should go cuz i dont wanna get it f'd up lol. thinking of 0.5 to 1.5 inch in front with wald... any suggestions?

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm lowered on S-Techs (1.5" front dropped) with the wald front lip and I have issues clearing a lot of hills and such, speed bumps arent a problem but a simple drive way can scrape, mine is pretty scratched up right now lol, actually to give you a better idea how low it is, i have a Sony Ericsson W810i from cingular and it will not fit underneath the lip standing up

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Danknee is dropped on TeinSS with Wald an his shit looks low. Id be worried about scraping, I killed my Wald lip >_<

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Ya the slightest drop and you will have clearance problems with the wald lip since it is so big.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shiettttttt lol. i might try like a .75 or 1 then :/. its just the dam stock height looks like its a 4x4 lol. any little drop will do. thx for the inputs lmao. im in downtown chicago there are alot of bad roads but traffic limits me to drive slow so hopefully that'll help. what u guys think about
Part Number SKY94-BUB00

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
try w/ no finger gap in the front
then you would be like dannkneneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another thing to consider is your wheel setup. Even if the overall diameter is the same or very similar, the car will sit a little higher on bigger wheels, so 18's or 19's will give you just a little extra clearance.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Damn shon your ride always looks so damn gud haha.

I'm sporting a wald lip and I'm dropped on Greddy coilovers. I adjusted them to have about 1.25in drop and I'm doing good but I guess that depends on the areas you are taking your car. Sometimes I scrap, but not that often.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea shon that looks tyte.. i'd wanna go that low of a drop but chicago roads... haha. yea im just on stock 17'' so i guess im gonna go for 1inch or 0.7 since ^ guy says hes mostly ok :). btw what kind of rear is that shon?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Damn Shon your stance looks so clean, that would never pass where i live, you could say goodbye to your lips after 1 day lol

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Some people can deal with it, question is can you? Id scrape the shit outa it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Damn Shon, you're def dumped. Then again so am I.

·
Registered
324 Posts
How low is to low?

Ever since I out my lip on, I have to inch over every speed bump.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya that would be too low. hahahah. cant even get out of my condo cuz theres a hole that stretches across the entire road. how many inches dropped for u ^? 2.5-3''?

·
Registered
324 Posts
ya that would be too low. hahahah. cant even get out of my condo cuz theres a hole that stretches across the entire road. how many inches dropped for u ^? 2.5-3''?
2". But I think it settled another .5"

·
Registered
636 Posts
are there even wheels on this car?! haha...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts