Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people thanks for taking the time for your busy lives and reading this ... all opinions are appreciated...

i am interested in building my car to approx 600+ rwhp

i kno there are many combinations that can do this ...

i was mostly thinking of dropping in a t78 greddy turbo to give me that power ..

i have already contacted several vendors and i have a list of parts needed b4 i can reach my goal.

my question for you is ... how much do you think all of this is going to cost me ....

can anyone recommend a place where they have done this type of work in ....

how much is an engine swap with 6 speed manual trans..

would it be better to engine swap or to use supra engine parts in my engine ..

again i kno most of you that will read this will make fun of me but i can eat that in order to get the nec info i need

thanks everyone and happy holidays

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
you have been here almost 3 years and have 5 posts....wow!

i coud tell you to do a search cuz come of this info can be found

i am sure someone will chime in with actual $$$$ amounts, hopefully

·
Registered
755 Posts
it's going to cost you mad bucks...

i'm guessing to reach 600+ like gold said about 15-20K... but it'll probably be higher than that because you'll probably need internals... some people around here have gotten close to that, with stock internals, but not very likely. you'll need another 9K.. for the 6 speed getrag swap... go check out, SRT's stage 4, PFS stage 3... PFS also has the 6 speed swap... check out toyomoto, they also have the 6 speed swap... if money ain't not thang?? then go with toyomoto, no doubt....

www.toyomoto.com
www.pfsupercars.com
www.powerhouseracing.com
www.swiftracing.com

hope this helps... and yes do a search, there is a lot on this... :) :chill:

·
13,898 Posts
you don't need a t78 to get to those levels. a smaller turbo will help you spool faster and listen to everyone else and do a search. :D

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
to run 600whp reliably, you'll need internals and tranny swap. It's going to cost more than $20k to do it. Since the threshold of our GE internals and the auto tranny are around 500whp, there is a big jump in $$ cost from a 400-500whp car to a 600+whp car as opposed to a 300+whp car to a 400-500whp car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
A T78 would not be the right choice. While the "78" sounds big compared to a "Puny" T66, in reality, they are roughly the same size turbo (Greddy's compressor wheel is .5mm larger @ 66.5mm). HOWEVER, you would need either A.) A custom header to match the Mitsubishi exhaust side bolt pattern or B.) an adapter to go from T4 to Mits. All fitiment issues aside, the T78 has a large exhaust side and would be overkill for your goals. As noted earlier, a smaller Turbonetics T61-T63 could reach that number with much better spool. PTE makes some fine turbos in this range (usually re-labeled and sold by shops like SP, sloboyracing, ETC). There are other costs of course too....Header ($1500-$2000), Wastegate ($300-$500), Intercooler ($700-$2200), BOV ($150-$550), full exhaust ($700-$1200), fuel system ($2K), clutch/trans ($500-$5000), Fuel management ($700 (ghetto style) - $2500), head gasket or short block ($450-$2500), ETC, ETC plus labor on top of that. That's just the *tip* of the iceberg as others pointed out.

Ryan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks so much for the info guys. yea i been here since i sold myself the car ... but havent gotten around to post much ... i do search the forums and it brings up crap most of the time so ....

at anyrate i do appreciate the words of wisdom ... keep it coming .. im learning alot ...

has anyone here heard of a guy called Stan the man?

he has a shop out in long island ny...

i think he will be doing the work on my car ... he seems fair in prices and seems to know what he is doing .. .

thanks again people ...

and happy holidays ..

·
Registered
552 Posts
hmzjon said:
hi people thanks for taking the time for your busy lives and reading this ... all opinions are appreciated...

i was mostly thinking of dropping in a t78 greddy turbo to give me that power ..

i have already contacted several vendors and i have a list of parts needed b4 i can reach my goal.

my question for you is ... how much do you think all of this is going to cost me ....

again i kno most of you that will read this will make fun of me but i can eat that in order to get the nec info i need

with all that money your going to spend for turbo mods and for it to be reliable, you'll be able to afford a used if not maybe even NEW is300

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I work in Long Island never hear of him.

hmzjon said:
thanks so much for the info guys. yea i been here since i sold myself the car ... but havent gotten around to post much ... i do search the forums and it brings up crap most of the time so ....

at anyrate i do appreciate the words of wisdom ... keep it coming .. im learning alot ...

has anyone here heard of a guy called Stan the man?

he has a shop out in long island ny...

i think he will be doing the work on my car ... he seems fair in prices and seems to know what he is doing .. .

thanks again people ...

and happy holidays ..

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
hmzjon said:

If you want 600rwhp on a dialy basis, I want the same thing and have been PM'ing Moe at SRT about such. I added up everything and the estimate he gave me was $37*** w/ new short block and used V160, add $2k for a new tranny. He also told me this car will be able to do 800+rwhp on race gas and run low 10's and ET at around 130. He said the kit will be better than the record holding kit now. I can post the PM's if you want me to.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
hmzjon said:

If you want 600rwhp on a dialy basis, I want the same thing and have been PM'ing Moe at SRT about such. I added up everything and the estimate he gave me was $37*** w/ new short block and used V160, add $2k for a new tranny. He also told me this car will be able to do 800+rwhp on race gas and run low 10's and ET at around 130. He said the kit will be better than the record holding kit now. I can post the PM's if you want me to.
$37,000 + correct? not $3700 for 600 rwhp.... that sounds comparible to the toyomoto stage 5.... ...sure, post the PM's, curious to see what kind of stats you got for what your looking for...... just look at ISMAN, he hinted to us at the NY meet how much his car is insured for A LOT....so, your estimates for a stage 4 ++++ from SRT will cost you a ton of $$$$$ same goes for PFS or TOYOMOTO (Stage 5 labor included is $30,000 on their website, that doesnt include v160) for such a set up....

:lol:

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
If you are talking about 550 rwhp on a daily basis on pump gas then read the following (all prices includes the installation and tuning):

Stage 4 base kit: $ 14.995.00
V160 Tranny with Supra TT rear & half shafts, TRD LSD, B&M short shifter,
3" single piece driveshaft, RPS stage 3 clutch/flywheel (assuming that your car is already a manual tranny car): $ 10,000.00
Upgraded ball bearing turbo: $ 750.00
Upgraded Cams: $ 1,500.00
Upgraded Head (ported and polished with Titanium retainers/springs): $ 2,500.00
Dual fuel pump system: $1,000.00
Electronics (Ignition and Engine management Haltech E6K): $2,000.00
Throttle Body upgrade (75mm throttle body): $1,500.00
Full 3.5" custom exhaust with open wastegate: $1,250.00
Blitz SBC-id boost controller, turbo timer, powermeter: $950.00
Boost, oil pressure, egt, fuel pressure gauges (Autometer brand): $ 850.00
Wideband A/F gauge with digital display: $650.00

That is all the items you will need to reliably run 550 RWHP on pump gas on a daily basis. The car will however be capable of 800+RWHP using race gas reliably, with 1/4 ET well into the low 10's and trap in the high 130mph (this kit is even more than ParcelPimp's kit that currently hold the records). It will come with a brand new Supra TT short block. The only thing that will not be new is the V160 Tranny. Also you will have to add 5% MD sales tax on the parts only. Approximate time from start to finish is about 2-3 months.
The Base stage 4 is just like the stage 3 except the it comes with a bigger turbo and intercooler. A lot of the stuff in the website are options, because the stage 4 is a customized stage. Therefore the customer can choose what is his/her best options.
A brand new tranny will be about $2,000.00 more.

tsopranoMB: I dont understand what youre saying

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
I believed my $37*** is pretty correct unless my calculator is way off.
what do your mean you didnt understand my post?

i said I agreed with you...

$37,000 for what you want is accurate....

the owner of the car must have some serious cash to play with....

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
CharlieD06 said:
I believed my $37*** is pretty correct unless my calculator is way off.
what do your mean you didnt understand my post?

i said I agreed with you...

$37,000 for what you want is accurate....

the owner of the car must have some serious cash to play with....
ahh...i got ya. And yes, some serious cash. can you say 6 figures starting w/ a 3?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks again guys .. ill keep looking into it...

ill tell you what i got quoted approx 15-17 grand to make 650 rwhp

im still looking around to max out my $$$$ dont want to waste it on un nec equip ...

ill keep you guys posted on how the project is coming along ..

thanks for all the help ... im still deciding what turbo to go with...

again .. happy holidays

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
hmzjon said:
thanks again guys .. ill keep looking into it...

ill tell you what i got quoted approx 15-17 grand to make 650 rwhp

im still looking around to max out my $$$$ dont want to waste it on un nec equip ...

ill keep you guys posted on how the project is coming along ..

thanks for all the help ... im still deciding what turbo to go with...

again .. happy holidays
wow, where did you get that price? Does it include a tranny to support it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts