Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so My exterior is just about finished as well as my interior. And the trunk/I.C. set up is on it's way. The one place I feel lacks a sense of POP is my engine bay. Below I will post a picture of how my engine bay sits right now. So I have heard the usual wire tuck, and polish/paint different pieces, etc. So lead me in the direction of some info. Help me out guys. thanks.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I understand you show your car and that helps with judges but I personally I think it looks fine the way it is, nice and clean. I don't think you can go wrong with carbon fiber stuff, it would tie in with your STB. I have the same one and love it! Post pix after you make some changes, I'm excited to see the progress.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I like it the way it is. :approve:

You don't need pretty colors to impress a lot of people. The carbon fiber, and SC says it all. Very clean, nice engine bay if you ask me. If you really want to do something, remove weight by adding more CF parts. But, hey, that's really pricey.

Hmm..actually on second thought, if you want it to "pop" paint the engine bay black. Your pipes will really pop out and be more impressive. Granted, that's a whole **** load of work...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
^^^ as they said i like it how it is! maybe some more CF? or if ou really want to go wild check out edgy's engine bay!!! that sh*t is nasty!

·
Registered
796 Posts
For shows it wouldn't hurt to put a set of leds near the cabin of the engine bay or somewhere
to color match your interior lights, Most of the shows are pretty dark and since your showing off the engine lights are always a plus and the color reflected of all the pieces would look great.

I also like the idea of painting the bay black or more CF but lights are a plus.

·
Registered
360 Posts
like HIN the shows are dark so you either deal with it or need to have a light display on your car to see things so.....fab up a custom lighting system so when the hood pops it throws a decent amount of light onto the engine from above. i would find that a plus.

i dont know why no one ever does that like gm trucks. pop the hood and a light comes on to help.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't need to worry about lights honestly. I have that all covered. My main focus is to have people want to look at my engine bay. I would love to get all the IPT c/f engine covers but that is way too expensive.

Edgy was actually one of the main reason I wanted to spruce up my engine bay. His is sick!

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
I hate the color of the top of our radiators, so i would change it to a koyo or paint it or something... That brownish, murky color really is a kill joy. Theres a start.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
John,

Wasup bro? I'm lovin the new bodywork and interior, saw the pics from the cbsmith meet...props...

Some ideas:
Get the TRD Oil,Radiator, brake fluid caps...
Get a koyo chrome radiator, and chrome/powder coat the radiator clips..
Powdercoat the throttlebody and endtanks.
Add more cabonfiber or paint the extisting engine covers..
(all of this dosent have to be added, just some ideas)
(yeah I know this costs alot of $$$$) but you asked for suggestions ;)

-Josh

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
IMO, polish the intercooler piping and intake manifold, paint or powdercoat the valvecover, paint the fuseboxes black again or just hide them all-together, wire tuck, respray the engine bay with glossy paint, some kind of radiator cap, some kind of oil cap, maybe make an aluminum airbox for the intake, and pick up a nice looking radiator like a koyo or something. I think that'd be perfection.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Oh shit, you got the front sturt bar already!!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John,

Wasup bro? I'm lovin the new bodywork and interior, saw the pics from the cbsmith meet...props...

Some ideas:
Get the TRD Oil,Radiator, brake fluid caps...
Get a koyo chrome radiator, and chrome/powder coat the radiator clips..
Powdercoat the throttlebody and endtanks.
Add more cabonfiber or paint the extisting engine covers..
(all of this dosent have to be added, just some ideas)
(yeah I know this costs alot of $$$$) but you asked for suggestions ;)

-Josh
IMO, polish the intercooler piping and intake manifold, paint or powdercoat the valvecover, paint the fuseboxes black again or just hide them all-together, wire tuck, respray the engine bay with glossy paint, some kind of radiator cap, some kind of oil cap, maybe make an aluminum airbox for the intake, and pick up a nice looking radiator like a koyo or something. I think that'd be perfection.

Thanks josh and Ill....so far I have some ideas in my head. I just need to sit down and work out the last bit of details. Hopefully trying to not have this cost an arm and a leg. DIY ftw! lol

Oh shit, you got the front sturt bar already!!
Yea man I got a great price and had them to me in about 3 days! I couldn't resist. haha

·
Registered
650 Posts
i'de get some radiator and oil caps, paint the engine bay, polish what you can, dunno whats its called but that sock thingy that people put over there resevoirs<sp?> koyo radiator, samco radiator hoses, those nice steel braided lines dont know what those are called either. just some of the things that come to mind. oh and get rid of that supercharger and send it to me. so i can have a spair. lol j/k +rep for a fellow toyo s/c

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
John the problem with a MSM car is it doesnt have any color. you need to add some color. i'd polish up the pipeing and change out a few couplers and hoses. get rid of that toyomoto sticker and add the caps as mentioned bythe others. you dont need to over dose on carbon fiber.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts