Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Eibachs with a major rebound that is hitting the inside wheel well plastic. (I'm on 19's) Apparently, Konis will help remedy this problem by stiffening up the suspension ... Although I'm mechanically inclined, the suspension is one part of the vehicle I haven't worked on before. Has anyone installed shocks/springs before?

Looking for some help here, so I'd appreciate it if anyone could come over and help when my shocks get here. I'll throw in a case of your favorite beer or some equivalent for your help. Also, I could probably find a spring compressor to borrow somewhere and I've got all the other tools we'd need. I'm in the san gabriel valley

Also, can anyone recommend good southern cali shops who would do this install for a good value? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have Koni's on stock wheels and tires. I haven't experienced any bottoming of the suspension (on jounce or rebound), but it sounds like your
shocks aren't coping with all the mass you have hung on the suspension.

If that is indeed the problem, new shocks will probably make a difference
(Koni or anything else), but you might consider reducing the unsprung weight or perhaps altering your driving style slightly.

My shocks were installed at Alondra Brake in Bellflower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
rseifer
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing