Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help is much appreciated.

My car (2006 IS350) decided to not start.
1st try, it cranked for a bit and didn't start. I tried multiple times afterwards but it would crank about 2-3 times and not start. I waited about 20 mins, then it cranked and eventually started. Ever since then when I start the car, sometimes it works right off the bat and sometimes it cranks for a while on the first try but starts on the second. Any one ever experience anything like this?

I have 65K miles on the car and haven't changed the spark plugs but the dealer said its kinda soon to change that and sounds like it may be another issue.

Don't know if I should go to the dealer and hope its under warranty (which I doubt) and also get screwed on a massive bill or just go to a local shop to have it checked out.

?? Thanks again for any help.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Help is much appreciated.

My car (2006 IS350) decided to not start.
1st try, it cranked for a bit and didn't start. I tried multiple times afterwards but it would crank about 2-3 times and not start. I waited about 20 mins, then it cranked and eventually started. Ever since then when I start the car, sometimes it works right off the bat and sometimes it cranks for a while on the first try but starts on the second. Any one ever experience anything like this?

I have 65K miles on the car and haven't changed the spark plugs but the dealer said its kinda soon to change that and sounds like it may be another issue.

Don't know if I should go to the dealer and hope its under warranty (which I doubt) and also get screwed on a massive bill or just go to a local shop to have it checked out.

?? Thanks again for any help.

You might want to point out the part in the owners manual to your dealer where it informs you you're 5000 miles past time to change your plugs according to scheduled service. (though I doubt that's your problem)

FYI- your engine is under warranty still (6 yrs/70k miles).

On a really basic level- check your battery connections... tighten/clean if needed. Beyond that could be a ton of things, battery getting weak, starter getting flaky for example.... autozone or advance should be able to test some of that stuff for you free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.