Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the deal.. I start from back to front : [outline bottom of post for you non readers]

A couple months ago i was in a minor front end to rear accident. The items that were replaced on my car was as follows : Hood, front bumper, coolant, air conditioner, intake box and headlight + fogs. About 2 weeks ago i foudn out i had a coolant leak and have gotten that replaced a week ago.
THE PROBLEM Starting about 1 -2 weeks i have felt a small vibration / shake in my gas pedal around 1500-2300 rpms a lot more violent then what would be expected if you floored it and ect. This occurs almost all the time if im just driving, backing out, revving, anything about those rpms it feels the most vibrations. Slowly it has been getting worse. And all the Body shop has told me [did a ride a long also] is that its either my tire are warn out, my balance is off, or the coolant from before got into the engine bay and just needs time to go away. [they checked spark plugs ext]. and told me to wait a week to see if its ok. but it seems to be getting slightly worse. Also it seems that i have more lag in acceleration, and seems to jump too much when going into reverse, neutral, [at a stop into drive] have any of you faced the same problem>? I'm very sorry for the long post.

for those that dont like reading heres the outline

1. Small crash about 3 months ago
2. Found Coolant leak 2 weeks ago
3. fixed 1 week ago
4. Vibrations in foot pedal occur 1-2 weeks ago
5.Body shop says either tire balance - coolant in engine bay - or new tires
6. Seems to me it gets worse
7. Can really feel it at 1800-2300 rpms
8. Seems to lag more power accel wise
9. jumpy at reverse to drive [while at a stop]

thanks for your replies

·
8,880 Posts
Do the vibrations occur only during driving? :-?
At a specific speed or specific RPMs? :-?
Can you duplicated the vibration in N? :-?

Considering the accident, your radiator, probably, got pushed into the engine (been there, done that).
Check to see if the pulleys are straight. Run the engine for that.
Also, check the belt tension. It might've also gotten some damage during the accident.

I've heard that uneven tire BS before. Both dealer and the body shop "fed" it to me. Dealer has gotten an extra $400 for work that solved post problems, not the source.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems to be having rpm problems too = i would be on high rpm in third and shift to 5th and the rev/ rpm stays up at like 6 and doesnt come back down for like 10 secs so gay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts