Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exactly is backpressure and why is it bad?

what is a race and mid pipe? is it between our header and our exhaust?

i've seen some decent gains with headers, race and mid pipes, exhaust, intake, and S-afc ii (tuned) and it seems I will be going this route unless I get a daily driver then its all boost all the time!

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
PoloBoy168 said:

i've seen some decent gains with headers, race and mid pipes, exhaust, intake, and S-afc ii (tuned) and it seems I will be going this route unless I get a daily driver then its all boost all the time!

yep the race pipe is between our header and exhuast....ive gone from 165.4ish to 199.9 with full exhuast intake and sfac2 tined out...and even if you go f/i go supercharged so you can keep your exhuast setup

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thegreatjp2k said:
PoloBoy168 said:

yep the race pipe is between our header and exhuast....ive gone from 165.4ish to 199.9 with full exhuast intake and sfac2 tined out...and even if you go f/i go supercharged so you can keep your exhuast setup
what about the mid pipe? Does it go header->midpipe->race pipe->exhaust?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
^^^
header - removes 2 catalytic converters
y-pipe - removes 3rd cat
b-pipe - straight pipe or resonator (varies on make)
exhaust - axle back (various shapes, sizes, angles, tips, etc)

·
Registered
464 Posts
so when people say they've removed their resonator....they've removed the bpipe?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts