Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am going to start the modding process around March and the first thing I want to do is a bodykit. I have an MSM and I am thinking of going with a full Visage kit, but possibly a C-West front and the rest Visage??? Also should I keep the stock hood or go with a C-West Vented hood??? I am not a fan of carbon fiber so I really am not into getting one. I have a pic of the IS that I want it to look like can someone host for me and tell me what u think?? Also I am going with the Black housing with the Gen V kit from Justin A.K.A. LCA575 and getting the tails blacked too. Then a new Alteeza sport grille with the some Tein springs for the drop. I am mostly concern about the kit...what do u guys/gals think????

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
baadhabit said:
id do drop and wheels before bodykit.
what he said.

in terms of price, cheapest to most expensive, your order is as follows:

1. Drop
2. Kit
3. Rims/tires

this depends on if you get any kind of decent rims and how much they are, and what kind of kit you get and how much your body shop charges to install + paint. NUmbers 2 and 3 could be easily swapped depending on the brand.........

But to answer your question, the C-west front goes great with the vizage sides IMO, but not so well with the vizage rear. i am a mix and match person myself. there aren't too many whole kits that i really like.

it all depends on if you are going for an all out aggressive look, racing look, subtle look, or just a little bit of a flare.

Different kits are for different categories. Tell us which one you want, and we can make a suggestion........

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Since the IS has semi-nice stock wheels, why not:

Drop
Kit
Wheels

But if you want a body kit, do full c-west. too many people have that c-west/vizage hybrid.

Or how about a C-west front, Kaminari sides, and a L-tuned rear?

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the only reason why I want a kit is that my insurance is cutting me a check and I need a new front bumper and hood because of the rock chips, so I told myself why not just go with a complete kit. Right now I am running the Chrome OEM rims, but would love to get the Volk GT-C's Gunmetal :p So everyone doesnt think the C-West and Visage would go good? What about the hood that I mentioned in my first post?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
get another clean stock hood unless if you end up with a full kit for sure.....then go for the hood....

the hood will be alot!!

good luck and pics when it's done'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.