Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke one of my lug bolts on my car.How much does its cost get a new one so for the dealership told me $150.00.But I paid $30 for my sister car(acura).Can that be right before I go to the dealership tomorrow.Or a tireplace told me it ranges 30 to 80.Anybody could tell me a price to replace a bolt for my lugnut.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Lol, $150.00 at the dealership.....is that parts and labor?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
um
OK
EVEN AT THE MOST EXPENSIVE.

$45/ HOUR for Labor.

STUD = $4 TOPS at autoshop, so NO MATTER WHAT, it should cost no more than $50.

-_____-- best of luck!

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah, they are really easy to replace any mechanic shop can do it. You can even do it yourself. Definitely don't go to the dealer for this.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
A lug nut? The guy that sold me the car gave me like 5 of those things for free since one of my wheel locks cracked while I was doing my calipers. I jus took all the wheel locks off and replaced them wid regular nuts....and if ur still using those stock wheel locks from mcguard...Id get some better ones because those are piece of shiet locks. At the max from the dealership...it should be around 3 bucks....labor? Tip: open ur trunk...pull the mat up...grab the metal lug wrench...twist the lug in....and then spin the lug to the right. That'll take care of your labor fee.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
dealership is like the worst place to go to get parts and labor...they charge WAY TOO much for something simple...i would only go to the dealership as a LAST resort

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
go anywhere to have it done.
Just not the dealership

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
I have replaced many of these in my days of working on wheels/tires my suggestion is use dealer parts, however, don't go to the dealership. I've noticed with those aftermarket genric studs sometimes they aren't the same, some are longer in length and sometimes the splines on the studs aren't always the same count so you could possible ruin those splines that holds the studs from spinning around.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Eminence said:
I have replaced many of these in my days of working on wheels/tires my suggestion is use dealer parts, however, don't go to the dealership. I've noticed with those aftermarket genric studs sometimes they aren't the same, some are longer in length and sometimes the splines on the studs aren't always the same count so you could possible ruin those splines that holds the studs from spinning around.
There is actually 2 different lugs made for the is300 stock wheel. I remember when I got mine..the parts guy told me that. But yea..When I went to the guy that sold me the car...he gave me a couple for free and it was shorter. The shorter ones are used on the es300 I believe or it could be used on others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts