Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can get a hold of one of the springs that you take out in the CD changer to fix the jam problem. It was bad when I first took it out and then it ended up a foot long so I need a replacement, I have one good one so I only need one. If anyone has a spare on that they have from an old changer or if anyone knows where I can buy one from please let me know, THANKS!!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
i have a messed up deck, here is the deal.. I dont feel like taking it apart so make me an offer on the unit and ill ship it to you as is.

You cannot buy the spring, but you could take it to a surplus store and see what they have.

Ah shit im drunk, show me what u need ill see if the deck still has them in check.

D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a messed up deck, here is the deal.. I dont feel like taking it apart so make me an offer on the unit and ill ship it to you as is.

You cannot buy the spring, but you could take it to a surplus store and see what they have.

Ah shit im drunk, show me what u need ill see if the deck still has them in check.

D
lol, very nice, all i need its one of the springs that holds down the metal plate and in turn the cd's, there are 2 of them one on each side and they connect together in the middle, they weigh less than an ounce and are like 4 inches or less long. i will try and find a pic, but it should be obvious which ones

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
If kapkanimd doesn't take your deck, I might be interested too. What exactly is messed up about the deck? Two of the cheap plastic frames/trays that hold the CD's in my deck broke, so I need to replace those...my player can only play 4 CD's right now...

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
ima go look now, but im going to want the gum and pennys.

D

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts

Ok this is the only spring that was left in there, the deck i bought from someone looked like it blew up inside. All the trays were snapped and the spring was in this condition. Just sitting here i kinda bent it back into shape, when the spring is pulled you can never tell there is an issue at all. I think with a little more work it can get worked out.

It's up to you bro.

I have another deck, but ive been just holding onto it for spare parts for when my 3rd deck from the dealer takes a dump.

Let me know via pm.
D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts