Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I sold my IS and I have a few parts to sell. However I cant access the for sale thread until I receive some rep. Would anyone help me out by givng me some rep so that I may offer my parts. Thanks everyone!:approve:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You were spamming in the new member forum, that's why they deleted some of your posts.

Try logging out and then logging back in, it should work.

·
Cherisher
4,822 Posts
Spamming Quick Reference:

New User Restriction - To protect our members from quick buck scammers, and to weed out commercial profit scrubs, you must have 50 viable posts, 90 days membership, and greater than 0 reps to view and start a sale in this forum. If we witness evidence of a new user spamming replies and posts just to get their post count up, they will be banned.
Intentional Post Count Raising - Posting comments just to raise post count is considered as SPAM. We refer to this here as "Post Whoring". A common instance of this is replying to questions that have already been answered and repeating the answer (see; Bumping Dead Topics), or just posting nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with that forum or discussion at hand.

One-Word Replies - One-word replies are classified as SPAM. There is code in place which forces the user to use at least 6 characters in their post, however that doesn't mean it is ok to litter the forum with One-word replies like "wow", "nice", or "cool". Moderators will delete most posts of this nature.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're lucky... people who usually make threads like this get negative rep (at least that's how it used to be lol)
Yea, people are quick to get defensive and try to make outsiders look like the enemy. Maybe that why I don't post. I seems that some people don't consider that another member will benefit form this as well. I fully understand the many scams have gone down in similar scenarios, but this isn't the case. However, you're right. It was dumb of me to make the tread. I didn't even think about how others might view it. I just want to sell some parts that I don't need and someone else could want and use.

I'm not trying to be argumentative and I am not saying you are wrong but since we are discussing it, I think it would be wise to be couscous before associating someones name and reputation with the word "spam". It seems to stick with them for a while. Maybe something like, unauthorized solicitation or whatever might be better for the users who doing something wrong but aren't really trying to scam others. Btw, I'm in Columbia too. I think I have seen your car around before. It looks nice!

Just my personal opposition.

Mods, please close this thread. It has served it's purpose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.