Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i just got in the mail my jdm fog lights, i need intrustioncs on insatlling them, i searched for the clear fog light mod, but i dint find it, i know is300gtr did it, i just need instructions on how to take out the housing on the oem, from the bumper and put the new housing in (jdm) i kinds need to know soon, before the sun goes down, thanks, (its just switching out the whole unit)

roller

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
what you do is pull the fender back and it is alot easier to get to the screws on the side of the fog housing. you unscrew and ur done just reverse order and ur set

-Eddie

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
get a small ratchet (1/4") with a 10mm socket and look into the vent holes on the side of the fog lights towards the center of the car. there are two silver colored bolts that you need to remove. if you drop them, don't worry about it cause you can get it when you take out the lights. After you take out the two bolts, try and stick your hand into the hole and push the fog light forward, grab it by the front edge and pull. it's kind of hard to take out and it will kind of click as it comes out, but she goes. the passenger side can be completely removed and then you just unclip the light bulb socket. The drivers side wire is short so I had to stick my hand in the hole and unclip the light then pull out the housing. That hole is small and my hand almost got stuck, you might want to oil it up first so it slides in easily (no jokes please). Thats about it.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DHCrocks, you are AWESOME!, thank you to is300gtr and DHCrocks, you guys are terrific, ill go do it in my garage then sun went down and i cant do it outside, so oh well ill post up i need more help, thnaks alot!!!!

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
er.....HELP!!! the bulb socket connector dosent fit, it is different, the hosuing fits in but the socket to connect to bulb (power dosent match)

WTF, i have a 2003 does this make a difference, the thing dosent fit..???/what can i do, shoudl i take apart each thing a switch the clear lenses...(dont know how to do it)

or..????help me please

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
our lights use the 9006 bulb for the fog, what kind do those use? If it's 9005 like the high beams then the wire plug won't fit and you need to splice in new plugs.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
did you confirm what type of bulb it takes? You can get the "female" bulb connector from an auto parts store, just give them the bulb type. You would just cut off the stock plug and splice in the new one. If you are planning on running higher wattage bulbs (80W or 100W) now would be a good oppertunity to use a new High current wire setup. You can get this from www.autodynamic.com look for the wiring harness. It comes with the necessary plugs and relays and will not melt down like the stock wiring will. Just use the positive wire from one of the stock fog light plugs as the contact for the relay and you're good to go. If you need more info just holla.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
the bulbs that came with the JDM's said 9006? what does your stock bulbs say? I know on 2002's it's 9006, maybe they changed for 2003. HB4 and 9006 are the same thing. did you try rotating the bulb around, it's keyed so it will only go in oneway. On the base of the fog light where the bulb plugs in it may say what type to use or check on the clear plastic on the front, I think it says there too.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im gogint ot the auto store now, im goign to take in ym stock housing, ill ask if they have abulb that will fit the oem socket that will fit the jdm hosing, if not ill do it the toher way, peace for now ill be back, still need help though......

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can u post a pic of the 2002 housing, i think mine is different, ill also try to search for is300gtr fog turtuial, how do you take the clear face off, (front of housing) i could just switch the lenses correct??? p.s. went to discount auto parts 2 loactions no luck :(

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
the 03's come with some different fog bulbs...I hear H3 for the fogs on a sport design. I could be wrong though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts