Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now they're painted black but they need repainting bad!

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking a nice red. :)

No caliper decals though, I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm deciding between red or silver. :)

My wheels are hypersilver, by the way.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Since your calipers are silver already; maybe red would be a cool contrast.
I have an MSM with black rims and silver calipers so maybe if you can get a color close to GGP (doubt it) it would look good.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Go with black or silver. Red is nice, but is used a little too often for my taste. I am going black for the classy look, understated but noticeable.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red vs. silver. Still can't decide. :(

This is why I thought about going with red:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not going to do caliper stickers, thats something I'm also considering with picking the caliper color.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have MSM with a silver color (its the G2 paint). The silver is inbetween MSM and GGP. I think it looks good, and would probably look good on your GGP. I think red sticks out too much for my liking.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn those are some skinny tires!

I think the red looks sick, personally. :)

I don't know about silver because if it didn't match the wheels it might come out cheap looking.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
OKCIS said:
JK when you get some cross drilled and slotted rotors that is gonna look sweet
yeah i think im done doing stuff to my car, but when a brake job comes around then ill do it, but with what little i drive ill never need a brake job, also the tires are bigger than they look in the pics, their 225's what everyone else runs

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Why not go pink? Actually, I haven't seen your car since you got it back, but if you have dark wheels, I'd go with yellow. Its the "IN" color this year. I just did a set of yellow ceramic brakes on a black 996TT Cab. It was sick. I also saw a black Continental GT w/ yellow calipers. It was teh shiznit. Be original, don't be afraid.

No caliper decals? Yea, they suck. Over 1000 members on this board have them... (my sales to date are 1132 of caliper decals alone). Yea, good idea not to go with them...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
MonStar1120 said:
Right now they're painted black but they need repainting bad!

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking a nice red. :)

No caliper decals though, I'm not a fan.
red caliper and no decal is ewwww.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I would say black, because it won't discolor with heat over time, or show alot of brake dust. Plus black looks MUCH better than rust.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Split2nd said:
I would say black, because it won't discolor with heat over time, or show alot of brake dust. Plus black looks MUCH better than rust.
another vote for black.
not too flashy and very subtle.
reds is a little to "hey look at me and my stock brake calipers!"
but thats me. i am not trying to knock anyone.

if you want to attract a little attention, go w/ Flatline Caliper Decals.

pics of my set up if you want to look at them: http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p=3386707#post3386707

1 - 20 of 31 Posts