Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have looked through everything I could find regarding DIY instal of O2 simulators, but honestly, nothing makes any sense to me.
(including this thread: http://my.is/forums/f88/choose-your-header-obx-megan-mazzuri-etc-348023/ )

Common sense wise, don't you just splice the O2 simulator wires into the B1S2 sensor? Other things I have read make this sound so complicated. If this is the case, what wires splice into the O2 sensor wires (what wires connect to what wires?). I noticed that both the O2 sensor and the O2 simulator have two wires of the same color and 2 wires of 2 other colors.

Pictures of how exactly this is done would be absolutely perfect. Thanks in advance to any help!

Reactions: 300iss

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
Ok it's simple here is how you do it:

you have 2 ecu diagrams:

for 01:

for 02+:

Find the wires in the picture and do the following.

On your o2 sim you have 2 white wires (sim wires), a black wire (ground) and a red wire (power).

The Red wire from the o2 sim needs to be spliced in to the power wire in your ecu, it is black and orange. The Black one gets spliced in to the ground wire, I forget what color it is in the ECU. Now for the 2 signal wires.

1. Find the 2 wires in the ECU they should be both solid white from what I remember and cut them.
2. The wires you have coming from the harness side, from the sensors, they get taped up and left alone.
3. The 2 white wires from the 02 sim get soldered on to the 2 wires sticking out from the ECU attached to the plug. It doesnt matter which white wire you solder, they both do the same thing.

That is it.

Make sure you unplug the battery and also if you are going to solder, make sure you take the plug out from the ECU before you solder.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Where do you buy the oxyegn sims from? I was looking at E-bay and did not see any. Ans this supposed to stop the check engine light right?

·
Registered
324 Posts
What type of O2 sim do you have, single or dual output? Dual allows you to sim both sensors (B1S2 & B2S2). Thats the one I have.

Also, If you are simming your sensors, you would need a heater resistor. If not, you would get a P0141 code: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts