Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i need new tires... my friend can get me the 555s for about 105 each, and another friend can get me the RE750s for about 150-185 each.
I did research and came to the conclusion that i dont know jack shit about tires. I tried searching but to no avail, so here i am... opinions? also, if anyone is willin to help with a hookup, it would be greatly appreciated.
peace

·
Registered
474 Posts
lilaznboi said:
if you wanna go for cheap tires, get Sumitomo HTR+

Nitto 555 are probably the worst tires ever made.
Pay the money and get some good tires. I got he Sumitomos right now and can't stand them. The trac light comes on seemingly all the time. The OEM Dunlops were much better.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Enevel12 said:
lilaznboi said:

Pay the money and get some good tires. I got he Sumitomos right now and can't stand them. The trac light comes on seemingly all the time. The OEM Dunlops were much better.
he seems to be on a budget...thats why i said sumitomo's...

·
Registered
474 Posts
lilaznboi said:
Enevel12 said:
lilaznboi said:

he seems to be on a budget...thats why i said sumitomo's...
I hear ya on the budget. But from experience, I'll tell yah that it's worth paying a little more and getting a better tire, at least in my opinion. Honestly I wish I would have thrown down more money and not gotten the sumitomos. But we all have different situations, and if cost is really an object then sumitomos it is.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I do agree with spending the 'lil extra money also. I am rolling on the Nitto 555's right now b/c I couldn't afford better tires when I got my wheels.

I've been rolling on these for about 10K miles, so I can give you a pretty accurate review on the Nitto's. The ride comfort and noise level on these are bad. I mean, sport tires aren't known to be quiet and comfortable, but compared to others tires I've heard on friends cars, these are excessive. The dry traction and cornering on the Nitto's are actually pretty good for a cheap tire. Here, I give them thumbs up. Wet traction is HORRIBLE. I won't drive over 55-60 mph on the road in wet weather with these tires. I can take a corner at 15 mph and if you give any gas at all, you're gonna spin out and slide around. SCARY. Anyway, I've heard better things about Kumho's if you're looking for cheap tires. Of course, you can't expect REALLY good tires unless you pay.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks a lot for the feedback. I am on a budget, but i'm willin to pay a bit more for quality if i have to. Ideally, all 4 tires together would be 600 bucks or less.
So the 555s are out. any comments on the RE750s from netters? Cuz i'm leanin towards those now
And please bear with my ignorance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.