Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, how is everyone doing? I am in need for new tires; I currently have the bridgestone SO-3's but the tread wore out in 10-15,000 miles so I do not want that again. I checked on tirerack.com and came across the new goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3. It seems from what i read the goodyears are better in all performance situations, better in comfort and most importanly from what I saw much better in tread wear. I just want to know has anyone here used these tires yet? If so what do you think of them in all situations ex: handling, ride comfort and tread wear? Thanks a lot everyone :)

Nick

·
Registered
555 Posts
The wear rating is higher for the F1s than the S-03s and they are a little cheaper along with getting a $50 rebate or gift card (I got the HomeDepot card).

I think the tires work really well wet or dry. I have about 2500 miles on them so it is probably too soon to tell how long they will last. There doesn't appear to be any noticeable wear at this point though. All I can say is I am happy with them and if I can get 20K out of them I will be even more happy.

The only negative I have seen is my F1s will go sligthly out of round after setting for 3 or 4 days in my hot garage. For the first mile or so you can get a very slight steering wheel wobble until the tires roll enough for the belts to relax. After that they are good to go until I leave the car sitting for several days in hot weather (80+ degrees).

I have seen this behavior before with other vehicles and tire brands including Bridgestone and the RE040 tires that came on the car. I travel a lot and my cars tend to sit in the garage during the week unti l get back home. So this is a weekly occurence for me.

(I have 225-45-17s on 17x8 Volks and keep tire air pressure set at 40PSI on all 4)

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
The Goodyear F1's have the highest rating in every category compared to any other tires in the class.

I think the flat spotting is due to the nylon belt wrap. And yes, that will drive out in a couple of miles as the tires warm up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts