Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I am having PureNick and Inspar8r paint my headlights, tails, and fogs. i have a black onyx 02 sport IS.

I was gonna do all black onyx on everything... but does anyone have any cool ideas i should try that they haven't seen, or just any ideas on other things i can do to my lights (bulbs or anything) while they are dissassembled?

(besides LED's)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what those are ill do a search

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Paint them dark red...then paint your calipers red....and then get red 19 inch rims lol...I think that might look cool. I have never seen one done before.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
i think the projector retro fitting looks a little goofy for our car....however dual hid is really a dope idea....i was gonna hit up LCA about seeing if its possible to get a gaitling gun and xenon projector retro fit done on the same headlight....now THAT would be wild....but expensive...

hmmmmm.....post pics of your car when its blacked out...im heading down the same path...

you can try JDM'ing them....but painting the orange turn signal on them...im considering that to stand out a lil bit...

making your fogs clear? theres a DIY for that....requires some sand paper....

im trying to keep all the "secret/new" stuff for my own black onyx haha....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was planning on doing the JDM idea with the signal. and leaving a clear strip... im gonna leave it clear behind it tho

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first and last bump for any other ideas or opinions.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Just do projectors man

They are not too expensive to buy and get together (I have been pricing for another member)

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
old topic, but i'm gonna try to retro a set of e55 bixenon projectors into a set of 03 headlights. i'll post something when i get into the project.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
JAEohEN said:
^^you leaving the low beam HID in there?
i'm not really sure yet, i should have the housings i'm gonna be working on sometime next week hopefully. when i get them in i'll do some test fitting, but i have a feeling i'm going to put the bixenon projectors in place of the oem low beam HID reflectors. i just hope i can keep the auto-leveling w/the projectors.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Seven0Three said:
i'm not really sure yet, i should have the housings i'm gonna be working on sometime next week hopefully. when i get them in i'll do some test fitting, but i have a feeling i'm going to put the bixenon projectors in place of the oem low beam HID reflectors. i just hope i can keep the auto-leveling w/the projectors.

Good luck, it all depends on the depth in the housings with the projectors :)

I talked with Justin about this a couple times

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Good luck, it all depends on the depth in the housings with the projectors :)

I talked with Justin about this a couple times

thanks, yeah i still have to make measurements but it looks like they've got plenty of room. i'll just have to come up w/a creative bezel/shroud so that it looks like it came from the factory that way.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Seven0Three said:
thanks, yeah i still have to make measurements but it looks like they've got plenty of room. i'll just have to come up w/a creative bezel/shroud so that it looks like it came from the factory that way.

Sounds good man :)

thin, clear, plexi may come in handy :cool:

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
black with silver flake. would look good during the day when car is parked in the sun

·
Registered
307 Posts
mikefate said:
black with silver flake. would look good during the day when car is parked in the sun
thats a good idea^

i jus had one but i went outside and looked at my car and realized it wasn't possible

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Dark grey would look nice, almost a GGP, just darker.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts