Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.....i bought my car used and i just noticed that the plastic right next to the ignition is all scratched to hell......not the gauge part but behind the steering wheel....its hard to explain......i might take some pics.
But ne ways it looks like this dumbass kept trying to find the ignition and was putting big ass gashes into the dash.

i want to cover them up somehow or fix them.....i was thinking of, you know that stuff they advertise for leather seats and furniture...where you spread it on and the cut is gone.....wonder if they have that kind of filler stuff for plastic?

anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
ok.....i bought my car used and i just noticed that the plastic right next to the ignition is all scratched to hell......not the gauge part but behind the steering wheel....its hard to explain......i might take some pics.
But ne ways it looks like this dumbass kept trying to find the ignition and was putting big ass gashes into the dash.

i want to cover them up somehow or fix them.....i was thinking of, you know that stuff they advertise for leather seats and furniture...where you spread it on and the cut is gone.....wonder if they have that kind of filler stuff for plastic?

anyone have any ideas?
Try some Dash / Console renew gel, if you polish it with that once every month you wont be able to see it, thats what i do when i have strches...

Matt

·
Registered
27 Posts
or you could just get a dash kit and cover that area. even if you don't wanna spend alot of money you can just get the single piece.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cjohal said:
or you could just get a dash kit and cover that area. even if you don't wanna spend alot of money you can just get the single piece.
yeah the problem is that most of the scratchs are in a funky spot.....Its at the base of the steering wheel, right next to the dash, but still very visible!

what do you mean by dash kit?
like a cf or something....cuz they dont make them for this piece :(

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
bgwillyBadassIS31 said:
cjohal said:
yeah the problem is that most of the scratchs are in a funky spot.....Its at the base of the steering wheel, right next to the dash, but still very visible!what do you mean by dash kit?
like a cf or something....cuz they dont make them for this piece :(
So....how come it took you this long to finally notice it? Maybe you're the dumbass who doesn't know how to put your key in the ignition. :-?

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ did someone here something^^^^^ :-?

hmmmm......but anyways.....its not noticable for me "the driver", but for the passenger its very noticable. I actually noticed it while installing my HL controller :)

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
how about getting some vinyl decal paper, and put it over the scratched part ? maybe have a little fun with it and get a color that matches your car, or get the fake carbon fiber paper??? it's a cheap fix....

just a suggesstion...

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i thought of that^^^^

do you guys have any websites or places i can go to get these products your talking about. Cuz i've never heard of them!

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
ithot the dealers had some kind of dark grey plastic filler pen they use to fill those in & they then clean it well & use some protectant on the dash to deepen the lustre etc.... check that out 1st....

edg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts