Movie Gift Certificates
any gift certificates for that matter
a bottle of wine
....?....

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, so everyone at work buys a cheapo gift, 20 bucks or less. Then all the gifts are put on a table and names are placed in a hat. The person whose name is first pulled from the hat picks an item off the table. Unwraps it and shows it to everyone. Then the second person has a choice to either take the item from person #1 or take a new item off the table. This goes on for as many people as you have. Each item can only be traded once per turn (so no take backs). If your item was taken from you, you can take somone else's or take a new item from the table.

This game can go on for hours. In our group, the prize is a 10 year olf fruit cake mounted (its been permantely preserved somehow) mounted on a plaque with all previous winners names on little brass cards.

I will update you as to what I win tomorrow.

Goodnight.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
HoustonLex said:
OK, so everyone at work buys a cheapo gift, 20 bucks or less. Then all the gifts are put on a table and names are placed in a hat. The person whose name is first pulled from the hat picks an item off the table. Unwraps it and shows it to everyone. Then the second person has a choice to either take the item from person #1 or take a new item off the table. This goes on for as many people as you have. Each item can only be traded once per turn (so no take backs). If your item was taken from you, you can take somone else's or take a new item from the table.

This game can go on for hours. In our group, the prize is a 10 year olf fruit cake mounted (its been permantely preserved somehow) mounted on a plaque with all previous winners names on little brass cards.

Goodnight.
So, how did it get it's name?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
HoustonLex said:

Goodnight.
We did that yesterday at our dept. party. I thought it was called "Stealing Santa" because you can take someone gift. I ended up with an eight pack of different beer and liqueer filled chocolate bottles. :p

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
we play every christmas eve the name around here is "yankee swap"

besideswhat the other people said:

movie passes
I got for one of ours this year a sampler of spices for BBQ
mini rc car
big flashlight
exotic liquor
a hot one last year was a kit for building fancy paper airplanes

should be good this year - there's a lot more people coming over :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
stealth
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing