Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i'm going to get started with the mods on my IS. however the intake i got from here doesn't have instructions. is it that hard to remove the stock intake and if so anybody got any instructions for it?

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
It has probably been covered, but if you look at your engine bay, it is really easy.

Taking it apart:

1) Unscrew four bolts to engine cover and remove cover
2) Take off the two T-Bolt clamps on stock intake pipe and remove pipe

If you are installing a JoeZ or PLP, then just replace the stock intake pipe with the aftermarket one with accompanying couplers and clamps.

If you have another intake, (other than above) let us know and somebody will help you put that one on. Others are equally as easy, unless you need to hook up the SRT R-ECU. This has been covered as well, just search for it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
What kind of intake did you get?

Honestly, it took me twice as long to take the stock one off as it did to install the new one..... That's not including the trip to Walmart at "crack:30" to get the right tools....

See if the manufacturer has the instructions on their website..

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
If you bought a used "Joe Z" -> let me know and I can e-mail the simple install instructions to you...

Otherwise let us know what you have and we will help on here.

Joe :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alwa703 said:
What kind of intake did you get?

Honestly, it took me twice as long to take the stock one off as it did to install the new one..... That's not including the trip to Walmart at "crack:30" to get the right tools....

See if the manufacturer has the instructions on their website..
i got pope's AEM short ram (thanks dude). i'm assuming it will take longer to get the freakin stock out. and yes i'm gonna need more help on getting the air box out...ect

THANKS

·
Registered
1 Posts
clavin said:
ok so i'm going to get started with the mods on my IS. however the intake i got from here doesn't have instructions. is it that hard to remove the stock intake and if so anybody got any instructions for it?

wow , thats funny!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Joe Z said:
If you bought a used "Joe Z" -> let me know and I can e-mail the simple install instructions to you...

Otherwise let us know what you have and we will help on here.

Joe :cool:
Can someone send me the install instructions please?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'll look to see if I kept the instructions Injen sent me. If I kept them, they should be in the box. If I find them, I'll shoot you a pm for your email then scan and shoot them over to you....
I would think the install would be pretty close. At least enough to help you figure it out. And the removal would obviously be the same.....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yo man, intake is the easiest thing ever. You see a screw, you remove it. You see another one, remove it, until the whole intake comes off. Then for install. you see a screw, and a hole, you stick it together and tighten it, and do that until the intake is on. Don't need no installation guidelines or how to. If I was in Kansas City, I'll come over and help you out. I love installing intakes, its fun and easy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool dude, i kinda figured it would be pretty easy as i just recieved the intake last night and only say 1 bolt. i just don't wanna jack anything up when i take out the stock parts-this being my first foreign car.....i got no freakin clue sometimes

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Should have caught this before

I am in KC and could have helped, well you need anything else just ask

like paint some side markers, emblems etc... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts