Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm in the NYC area and I just bought a 2jzgte vvti and is about to do this swap myself on my 01 e-shift, I've read every post that there is about doing this swap and I'm confident I can do this, I'm keeping the TT setup for now until I know how much Hp I want to go but for right now the stock Hp will do fine for me. The question that I have is where can I take my car to get tune once I drop the motor in and should I get a standalone or a piggy back system to run it with any help would be great... :confused:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Go with the AEM standalone like everyone else said and make sure you take it to a certified AEM tuner to get it tuned, I've made the mistake to take it to people who said they could tune the AEM and wasted thousands of dollars on tuning for some half ass tunes/maps. Just trying to help you not make the same costly mistakes I did.

I also went with the emanage blue and ultimate in the past too, a standalone is def the only way to go with the is300, everything else is just a waste of time and money. Do it right the first time and you'll save yourself a lot of time and headaches.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone knows what tranny comes in the SC300 I know that they also comes with a 5 speed tranny can it bolt up to a aristo motor if so what mod would I need?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
does anyone knows what tranny comes in the SC300 I know that they also comes with a 5 speed tranny can it bolt up to a aristo motor if so what mod would I need?
There are 2 other common tranny swaps.

A W58 and an R154.
There are threads on swapping on both if you search for it. They are pretty detailed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know this might be a foolish question to ask but I've heard of a guy that sell the AEM standalone unit with a plug in harness for our car, can some one put me in the right direction to who sells this unit if there is such a unit. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts