Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas, I just had an aftermarket spoiler installed... its a replica of the oem spoiler.... Anyway, my trunk used to pop open all the way up, now it doesn't. What do I need to get/replaced to have it open up again? Would appreciate any help! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Hi fellas, I just had an aftermarket spoiler installed... its a replica of the oem spoiler.... Anyway, my trunk used to pop open all the way up, now it doesn't. What do I need to get/replaced to have it open up again? Would appreciate any help! Thanks!
Nothing needed. You placed a 20 lb spoiler on the trunk lid, and now the weight will keep it down forever. This is expected and perfectly normal.

Digger08

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well its not like i thought mine was broken or anything. that's why i was asking if i needed to replace something cuz I know that its not going to go up by itself anymore-- what about those who have the spoiler (that came installed with the car)? is there a setting (tension wise) they change or do they have a completely different part installed?

·
Premium Member
13,761 Posts
There are different tension bars for 02+ that came with factory spoilers. People either install those, a trunk lift kit diy, or deal with it.

part numbers as follows;
6453153050 (w/spolier) bar, Luggage door hinge $32.00
6453253050 (w/spoiler) bar, luggage door hinge T $32.00
from here.

I've done the "deal with it" for a number of years, one day I'll get around to throwing those stronger tension bars in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are different tension bars for 02+ that came with factory spoilers. People either install those, a trunk lift kit diy, or deal with it.

part numbers as follows;
6453153050 (w/spolier) bar, Luggage door hinge $32.00
6453253050 (w/spoiler) bar, luggage door hinge T $32.00
from here.

I've done the "deal with it" for a number of years, one day I'll get around to throwing those stronger tension bars in.
Thanks so much Don! Big help! Thats what I needed to know. :)

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
good luck trying to figure out how they go when you go to replace them.

those bars are woven God knows how in some crazy weave pattern from what i can remember when i took them out. all i remember saying was, i hope i never have to put THESE back again, cuz it'll never happen...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.