Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay well i used to have an is300 with all alpine products and jl audio. My lexus however was with tvs and all and it was all custom.

i now have a 2003 m3 coupe and really just dont want to deal with the tv's and not being able to park in certain areas for long period of times and i also want to save my trunk space since theres not much back there anyway so that means no subs for me. I just want to keep it clean and classy. I also just want a nice crisp clear sound.

The route i have decided was just upgrading the speakers and the deck. In addition to an amp for power.

I already purchased the alpine cda-7995 mp3 deck. Now i need speakers and an amp.

The shop that did my lexus install i really didnt like the service and he is a registered alpine dealer so all he wants to do is sell me alpine. The other shop i went too was a registered Eclipse dealer so now he is content on selling me all eclipse stuff. I heard their stuff in a few cars and was very satisfied.

So what i want to know is any recommendations. Is eclipse good??? should i look elsewhere???

They quoted me 1200 for install of my alpine deck, wiring, eclipse components in front and rear and an eclipse amp to power it all

seemed a lil high to me but who knows

thanks in advance for any info and feedback

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If you really don't want to go to another shop, then you can always just buy the products that you want from somewhere else, and just ask the shop to install your stuff. Buy them from an authorized dealer though.

If you are going to get components in your M3, don't go cheap. I say get the best and most reliable. Probably Focal Poly-k's or maybe even their utopias if you have the $.

As for a new deck, that will bring a lot of attention to thieves as well, so you might not want to go that route. I'm sure you could sell it here for a good price.

·
Registered
156 Posts
As a 3 series BMW owner I can offer these suggestions...

Keep your stock headunit..., this may sound wierd but it can be modified to have low level output, RCA's if you will. (done in the trunk, at the OEM Alpine, or Harman Kardon amplifier, left rear side of the car) The unit sounds great, and you wont have an odd sized DIN unit in the car. You know what I mean.

A single Kicker L78 will give you enough punch, and not take up too much space. Or any small 8 or 10" sub, I would try the new JL W3 10" sub!

KEEP THE OEM SPEAKERS!!!! All you need are some MB Quart 3-way crossovers for the front speakers, and MB Quart two ways for the rear.
PM me I have a set... :wink: The OEM speakers are awesome, just need some good x-overs on them.

To power all this you can get either a strong 4-channel amp, or a 5 channel (5th channel being connected to the sub.)

This configuration worked well in my BMW until I changed it all out to go crazy with the install... http://www.sounddomain.com/id/chris_hill :D

By the way you dont own this Laguna Seca M3 do you?

If you do, I would like to know what it cost you, and where you bought it...

Chris

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I think he means laguna seca as in laguna seca blue. The color of his car. Especially since that one was made a few years ago. I think the first year of the E46 M3 :wink:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hamann will still build this car! Their current body is the Las Vegas, but the Laguna Seca II is still available!

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts