Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just yesterday i noticed that my cars oil light kept on flashing on and of and i still have like 2000 miles until the next oil change. so i was like maybe i need some oil b.c of a leak. i checked and it needed just a tad of oil (by the way the car turned off on me) Today the same thing happend the oil light started flashing and then after sometime just stayed on and car turned of again. I check the oil this time and it fine started the car up no light and no problem the car doesnt even heat up. What the hell is this and what can i do?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Which oil light is it? the red one or the yellow one? There is a Low Oil Pressure light and also a Low Oil Level light.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
maybe it shuts the car off as a safety mechanism? Just a wild guess. Got any warranty left by chance? Probably should be covered under the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you checked your SAFC wiring? Waht about replacing the sender or even checking if it is still working? Do you know how to use a voltmeter?

Ryan

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1slowIS300 said:
Have you checked your SAFC wiring? Waht about replacing the sender or even checking if it is still working? Do you know how to use a voltmeter?

Ryan
I have had the safc on for a while now so dont think it can be that but ill check i had it installed at a shop. dont know what a sender is??

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The sender is the part of the gauge that is at the engine. It actually senses the oil pressure and then sends an electrical signal to the ECU/Gauge.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
change your oil and filter. You may have a blockage in your filter even though you have 2000 miles left on your change. remeber your oil can get conaminated fast depending on where and how you drive.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx for all the help i have gotten the oil light now for a few days but am going to change the oil and filter and check out the sender just in case and let u guys know if anything thanx again great help send u some rep now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts