Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,i just got a CEL from my K&N typhoon after like a good 3-4 months,i was wondering will a REALLY dirty filter throw off a CEL?, opening the hood one day, after unexpectingly getting a CEL that shiet was black like crap, could a dirty filter be the cause of the CEL? also, will a different size filter throw a CEL? b/c i was lazy to clean the filter(condition was also not too well) i went out and got me a regular K&N cone, instead of the same type for the typhoon(which is a cylinder type, which is quite bigger) will the differnt filter size also give off a CEL? how do u guys think i can solve this?? thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, recently switched back to stock intake system, and no more CEL or anything. and its been a few weeks, before i took the intake out, i reset the ecu and CEL would go away but come back not long later, im still getting no CEL on stock, and its been a while.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Ok that elimintes the MAS. Since it happened over time, then your dirty filter got so restricive the flow got below spec. The bigger filter might have had too low resistance to flow. Have you tried it with the intake and it's filter cleaned?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts