Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum world but I recently bought a 2006 is350 that got into a fender bender, air bags didn't go off. I'm having problems getting the fenders/hood to line up, wondering if anybody has any tips on how to determine if the sub frame is bent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a damaged is350. The previous owner drove it over a curb in such a manner that three of the tires popped and those three wheels were bent. Beyond the curb, the car hit two parked cars.

I then, bought an is250. This one was burned in the rear/trunk area. I used parts off this burned car to repair the wrecked car. I thought I was gonna need the subframe, suspension components, the radiator support and a whole lot more parts.

As it turned out, I only needed to replace one fender, one fender clip, the rubber bumper cover and both headlights.

If your front wheels didn't get bent or tires popped, the frame is more than likely straight.

If your radiator support is bent, you'll need to remove both front fenders to replace it. It's actually made up of four pieces. The drivers side piece attaches on the chassis rail UNDER the fender, goes across the top of the headlight and then down below the bumper. Same situation on the passenger side piece. There is a top piece that ties both sides together. This top section also secures the hood latch. The final piece of the radiator support attaches to the bottom of the side pieces.

Did you have to replace any of the fenders/hood?

Did you have to replace the section of the radiator support which secures the hood latch?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts