Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2002 IS300 E-Shift :D and I want to upgrade the performance.
What is the best air intake system on the market?
Do I need to get one w/ AFC? Not exactly sure what that is.
What are the Pros and Cons to installing an intake system by itself?

Cheers!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Some intakes will give you more of a performance upgrade than others. ex. SRT makes a very good intake for the IS usually goes for around $550 or so. for sale at Rollin Car Customs for $500
Also a special we have for the Rod Millen intake see website for prices. Which is recomended to be coupled with the Apex-i Safc. Drop us a line and we'll see what we can do

-Scott

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
lurk around or do a search, all of your questions will be asked or brought up about 4 times a week

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Rollinboy10 said:
Some intakes will give you more of a performance upgrade than others. ex. SRT makes a very good intake for the IS usually goes for around $550 or so. for sale at Rollin Car Customs for $500
Also a special we have for the Rod Millen intake see website for prices. Which is recomended to be coupled with the Apex-i Safc. Drop us a line and we'll see what we can do

-Scott
Whoa thats a great deal on the SRT intake. Where were you a couple of months ago man??

·
Registered
221 Posts
ADROCK said:
Just bought a 2002 IS300 E-Shift :D and I want to upgrade the performance.
What is the best air intake system on the market?
Do I need to get one w/ AFC? Not exactly sure what that is.
What are the Pros and Cons to installing an intake system by itself?

Cheers!
As Scott said, we have the RMM + S-AFC as well as the SRT w/ R-ECU, both of which are excelent performers! We also have intakes from Injen & AEM as well as others that may not be listed on the website. Do like IS300GTE said, search the forum and browse the threads, it's all here. All said and done, it is going to come down to personal preference and what you want. Good luck! :wink:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Buy the SRT intake from these guys.... its a good deal!!! i spent about a hundred more... freakkin eh!!!! how ya like that for free advertisement... :wink: But yea seriously i paid just a hair under $600 a couple of months ago..... its still worth it but i wish this deal was available before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys!!

I'm sure that I won't have a problem installing the intake, but how complicated is it to install the R-ECU?

Will an air intake and afc void out any part my warranty?

Cheers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm sorry to inform you but we no longer have any SRT Intakes available. We still do how ever have the Rod Millen intake still as advertised on www.rollincarcustoms.com . The warranty is another issue all together. I have been to Lexus many of times with aftermarket Intake, Exhaust, and nitrous with no problems. **NOTE I am not recomending you do this** But if you brake your rear end they are not going to blame it on your intake. I would suggest you do a search for warranty and see what you come up with.

-Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts