Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 L-tuned IS300 with a couple of mods. For some reason I go to drive my car today and my check engine light goes on. So when I got back home I noticed that one of the tubes from the SRT intake disconnected so I put it back in its place and for some reason I think one tube might be missing. Problem is I don't have intructions of the intake around anywhere so can't really tell. I searched online but cant find any good pics of the intake installed. I was wondering if anyone knows if a tube connects to the bottom left of engine cover where something really thin sticks out, because I remember one being there? I'll appreciate any input or suggestions, thanks. By the way if anybodies wondering what I believe caused one tube to come off and possibly one to dissappear lets just say I have plenty of cats around the neighborhood and usually find them under my car on a cold day.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
It's hard to picture what is wrong from your description. Can you post pics?

There should be one vaccume line connected to the filter on the intake and that runs through the heatsheild and connects to a valve of some sort.

There is another line connected to the intake near the throttle body which connects to the engine head. This is for blow-by oil.

Those are the only lines running to the intake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts