Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a dvd converter in my car and when I plug everything back in, the navigation was off track. I unplug the cord from the navi in the trunk to splice the converter on. Now the navi is off track like its lost or something. How do I fix this? Do I have to calibrate it myself? If so, how do I do this? Any help will be apppreciated. Thanks.

By the way, its a 2002 is 300.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
All you need to do is drive and if everything is still OK, it will refind itself based on the sat data.

·
8,803 Posts
wtf is a dvd converter?

if its OEM NAV, it gets off map once and a while, it should reposition itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did do that. ive been driving for a while and it is still off track. i will go out and drive some more then to see if it needs more time to reposition itself. thanks.

i have the stock navi. i just got a dvd converter so that i can watch a dvd or play game on the stock screen. it has a switch where you can switch back and forth from navi to dvd.

·
8,803 Posts
well im guessing you fuxored some speed sensor wire? and since you did the install yourself and have a whopping 5 posts here, im sure you got in a bit over your head.....

the stock nav and stereo in the IS are very tricky and if you dont know what you are doing, you will cause major problems. Id say go to the dealer and hope they dont charge you 2grand to fix it.

when mine gets off track, it fixes itself within a mile, so if its not back on yet, i doubt it will on its own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts