Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here's my dilemma. I finally got my car back from the bodyshop after I was hit on my front driver side area back on December 22nd. There's still a few things that are off so I want to get something cleared about my A-Pillar.

I noticed they replaced my windshield even though there isn't anything wrong with it but I noticed my driver side A-Pillar is all out of wack now.

Is that little cap cover that says SRS Curtain Air Bag suppose to just snap on?
I find it kinda odd how mine is all lose now and its held on by double sided tape. :pissed: Is it suppose to be snapped on snuggly? Or does it really need tape there too? I'm too scared to mess with the passenger since nothing is wrong with it so I dont want to be pulling things off when im not suppose to.
Here's a photo:

Also another question about the A-Pillar, is the whole A-Pillar just snapped on as well? Mine is really loose at the top and I notice how sloppy of a job they did since some idiot there put glue on it to hold it down. :confused: Here's a picture of that portion:

I appreciate any help regarding this matter. I'm going to the shop tomorrow morning to show all the flaws in their work. Thanks in advance.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I think there should be a nut or bolt that is under the SRS cap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The a-pillar just snaps in, there are two metal male clips on the cover and two female plastic clips that are in the car's sheet metal (a-pillar). Just line them up and snap in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
they probably just broke a clip or lost a screw and ghetto rigged it and thought you wouldnt catch it.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
body shops suck. they always try to cover up their crap. i always find things like this afterwards

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
My Ex-wife works for the bureau of automotive repair. She had some work done to her MDX, and I noticed a couple flaws. After I mentioned the flaws, she had somebody over there check it out. He came up with a number of issues that I didn't notice.

I just spoke to her, and she said that they have a free inspection program http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov/ftp/pdfdocs/FreeInspection.pdf . After you call them, they will set you up with one of their reps. Once they get involved, your car should get taken care of properly. Good luck.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The missing bolt has a plastic ring around it that the SRS cover snaps onto.

And make sure that the black weatherstripping goes over the A-pillar cover, not under.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts