Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went into a shop. And I got a quote for lowering my car. ESPELIR springs on sale for $250 1.4F and 1.2R. or Eibach for $350 both installed. I am kind of leaning towards the espelir because it lowers the car more and its 100 bucks cheaper. The guy said that this brand is very popular in japan. And it has a good ride. I did a little search here and didn't really find anything. I just want to know if anyone has had experience w/ these springs and if I am getting ripped off or not. Thanks for you guys help in advance! Ultimately I want the springs that lowers the most and has the best ride quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
I would go for Eibach if those are your only two options, because I would not risk my suspension on a brand that I have never heard of. How about considering Tein?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
Kaze said:
I would go for Eibach if those are your only two options, because I would not risk my suspension on a brand that I have never heard of. How about considering Tein?
I have heard of them

They are not a bad spring, I know some other cars that use them w/o any issues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kaze said:
I would go for Eibach if those are your only two options, because I would not risk my suspension on a brand that I have never heard of. How about considering Tein?
Well how much does TEIN lower? cause I don't want to go over 1.5 inches.... cause i want my wheels to be able to align w/ the oem camber.

IMPRIMIS said:
I have heard of them

They are not a bad spring, I know some other cars that use them w/o any issues
So you think I should go w/ those then? Have you heard about the ride quality... cause the sales told me the ride on these would be nicer then the eibachs... eibachs he told me is a bit stiffer. I don't really want the springs for the handling aspect.. its more just for looks so I want to keep the comfort as much as I can

Anyways thanks for you guys input
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Well, the Tein S techs drops the car about 1.7" and the H techs around 1.2". do a search, there should be plenty of pictures around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
jcheung said:
So today I went into a shop. And I got a quote for lowering my car. ESPELIR springs on sale for $250 1.4F and 1.2R. or Eibach for $350 both installed. I am kind of leaning towards the espelir because it lowers the car more and its 100 bucks cheaper. The guy said that this brand is very popular in japan. And it has a good ride. I did a little search here and didn't really find anything. I just want to know if anyone has had experience w/ these springs and if I am getting ripped off or not. Thanks for you guys help in advance! Ultimately I want the springs that lowers the most and has the best ride quality.
what model espelir spring are you getting? the active gt or the active super down?

if you want your alignment to fall within OEM specs, stick with the Eibachs. But for that reason only. I have heard of Espelir before. Quite popular amongt the DSM crowd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
web1028x said:
what model espelir spring are you getting? the active gt or the active super down?

if you want your alignment to fall within OEM specs, stick with the Eibachs. But for that reason only. I have heard of Espelir before. Quite popular amongt the DSM crowd.
Active down i believe.. what is the difference? But do you think I am getting a decent deal for $250 installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
eibach as million mile warranty, does Espelir ?

the thing is, espelir might be a wonderful brand, etc.
but if you ever run into any problems, im sure 95% of the suspension shops you ever deal with will know something, or be able to help you with eibachs. Espelir, well, might be harder to get help on them if anything ever comes up. Id rather go with a trusted brand, especially if you're just starting to mod your car.

-Aaron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,162 Posts
Get eibachs, espelir sits front heavy. Ask altezzabob.

Pay up and you'll be happier in the long run. Don't try to save a little change coz you'll regret it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,861 Posts
eibachs are good springs but if you are getting the prokit you have to have 19s to look wright. 18s with the prokit just is not low enough. Just my opinion.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,905 Posts
_DAG_ said:
Get eibachs, espelir sits front heavy. Ask altezzabob.

Pay up and you'll be happier in the long run. Don't try to save a little change coz you'll regret it.
Word. Bobby's car is pretty low in the front. The Espelirs are made for the Altezza. Our heavier engine throws it off. I would recommend the Eibachs or Tein Htechs if you want OEM alignment. Also, $350 installed is a great deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
I have the tein s techs and i love them. My friend had the eibachs and after driving around in my car he swapped them out. You can check my cardomain page for pics. i got them bought and installed for $315, and they look and ride incredible w/ my 19's. Honestly its not much of a rougher ride then factory. Best mod i've done yet!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
not to steal this thread but i was thinking of getin the s-techs on koni's what do you guys think about that??

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
hirenjani said:
not to steal this thread but i was thinking of getin the s-techs on koni's what do you guys think about that??

thanks
then start your own thread, and PM IMPRIMIS, he had the exact setup, and apparently he loved them. if you're willing to wait 2 weeks, you can buy his used setup, so u dont have to wait for the springs to settle. PM him about price.

-Aaron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,219 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
eibach as million mile warranty, does Espelir ?

the thing is, espelir might be a wonderful brand, etc.
but if you ever run into any problems, im sure 95% of the suspension shops you ever deal with will know something, or be able to help you with eibachs. Espelir, well, might be harder to get help on them if anything ever comes up. Id rather go with a trusted brand, especially if you're just starting to mod your car.

-Aaron

springs are springs dude. THey are all the same to work with. Trust me, i know.

million mile warranty? Who cares. It will be a LONG LONG LONG time before springs go bad. You will prolly change out shocks 3-4 times before your springs have some issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all you guys input.. I think I am going to go w/ the Eibach now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,162 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
springs are springs dude. THey are all the same to work with. Trust me, i know.

million mile warranty? Who cares. It will be a LONG LONG LONG time before springs go bad. You will prolly change out shocks 3-4 times before your springs have some issues.
haha, word. Marketing for you.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top