7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"you are a product of your environment"

who was it that first said that?

thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Your best bet would be to go to a good college library. Public probably wouldn't do. I took a folklore class in college and they have books with proverbs and the like and their origins. A couple of minutes searching in the database should get you to the correct section, then I would just scan titles. You might be able to find the info on-line somewhere, but I think your most likely to find it at a library...

·
Registered
378 Posts
It was probably W. Clement Stone. The complete quote is as follows:

You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success -- or are they holding you back?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'm not trying to be a smartass, but whenever you want to find something like that just type "you are a product of your environment" in Google.

$5 says that's what IS300TRD did

·
Registered
378 Posts
ATLDave said:
I'm not trying to be a smartass, but whenever you want to find something like that just type "you are a product of your environment" in Google.

$5 says that's what IS300TRD did
I was too lazy to type all of that in Google, so I just "copied and pasted" and added a couple of other key search words. :lol:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
In this day and age, if you can't figure out something as easy as a quote attribution, you need help. For serious.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Al Gore made it up just like everything else, you dumbass. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
stcleaner said:
This saying is so true just look around at this forum
Yeah, it's kind of like the old change your playmates and playgrounds thing from AA and NA.

Doh! I've said too much...

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TXLeXTC said:
ITP said:
thanks! i tried yahoo and couldnt find i...oh well...thanks 8)
People who use yahoo are as bad if not worse that aol users. Come over to the real side, google is the only way to go...
will do!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Trovador said:
TXLeXTC said:
ITP said:
thanks! i tried yahoo and couldnt find i...oh well...thanks 8)
People who use yahoo are as bad if not worse that aol users. Come over to the real side, google is the only way to go...
Pardon my ignorance. What is the advantage of google?. Just curious.
Yahoo is a search INDEX, not a search ENGINE. Basically, you pay to be listed in Yahoo, it's filtered, and whenever possible they direct you to something they can make money on.

Google is fast and it actually spiders the web pulling content from pages giving you much better results.

If you're looking to buy something, Yahoo may get you better results, but other than that is sucks.

The image search on google rocks too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
ATLDave
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing