Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Lexus is300. I got into a car accident, got hit in the front and broke my exhaust cam. Pulled the engine out and tired to put the engine on the engine stand but I couldn’t get one torque converter bolt out so I pulled the head off and I had two valves sitting on top of the piston. Found out I broke 2 exhaust valves and bent 4 intake valves, I got oem valves installed them and the head was complete. The block was in good condition not happen to it. Put the engine back in, put the wiring on before putting the engine into the car, all ground are connected, I have a good battery and starter. My fuel pump is working. Each time I try to start the car is wants to start but it dies but each time we put gas into the intake it wants to start but the timing belt is turning slow each time I want to start it. Timing is good on the car I checked multiple times. Main ground is connected. I can’t figure out why the car doesn’t want to start. I know it’s a lot but can someone just help me out to see why it doesn’t start.

·
4,299 Posts
Sounds like timing is off. But check the crank and cam sensors. When you did the timing, did you watch the reluctor wheel for broken teeth or missing ones on the crank?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like timing is off. But check the crank and cam sensors. When you did the timing, did you watch the reluctor wheel for broken teeth or missing ones on the crank?
Ima check the crank and cam sensor. Yes While the engine was on the engine stand I looked at the relator wheel to see if it wasn’t broken but it was in good condition.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Have you done a compression test to make sure its now all good?

Are all the cylinders getting spark?

Is the system getting fuel ok?

If a camshaft broke :oops: o_Oo_O perhaps something else like an injector or FPR or rail got damaged as well?

Are any codes showing up in the ECU?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ima check the crank and cam sensor. Yes While the engine was on the engine stand I looked at the relator wheel to see if it wasn’t broken but

If a camshaft broke :oops: o_Oo_O perhaps something else like an injector or FPR or rail got damaged as well?

I haven’t done a compression test on it yet. The cylinder are getting spark. The fuel system is good. The only codes I’m getting is airbag codes because I don’t have any airbags connected, I don’t have any codes for the engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I did a compression test and it’s bad
1. 35
2. 120
3. 0
4. 110
5. 120
6. 140
I tested it today and I saw that the compression is all over the place and then I saw that the security light on the dash is on while I have the key on and I saw that it means that I need to reprogram my key I think am I wrong ?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
So you still have an issue on cylinders 1 & 3 to sort out, my guess would be the valves are bent just enough to not seal but still look fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts