Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a XERD Pipe (no gasket)

looking to put that sucker on and test it out with the SRT/apexi N1 catback setup.

Any kind soul in LA/SGV area down to help a homie out?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xerd pipe

Apex'i makes a catback N1 exhaust for is300. There are a few .netters who also have it, and dpatterson recently made a post about the n1 he just installed on his car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bolsa chica meet on saturday i can't make :(

I was hoping some knoweldgeable mechanic can help me. I don't have the proper tools to put on the race pipe.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
irv_usc said:
i can do it any time during the day today

i live in montebello.
Yeah.. whatever!!! Some of us actual have to work Monday thru Friday.. Every week... :pissed: :bitching:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
i'm guessing you didn't put the srt or exhaust on, because the race pipe should be a piece of cake if you did the others yourself.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It really isn't that hard to install, and theres no special tools required. All you need is a basic socket set, and a couple of open end wrenches, maybe a cresent wrench. Thats it. All you have to do is unbolt the stock Y pipe, take it out, take out the O2 sensor, place the Xerd pipe in its place, put the O2 sensor in, and tighten the 5 bolts. Done!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xerd

The only issue i have is getting the car lifted so I can work underneath. I can get the tools but that's about it. I hear some people try driving their cars up on curbs.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
whoa..no need to get all ghetto like that..jes spend about $100 max and get a floorjack and a set of jackstands - they'll always come in handy.

-eric

ps - i might be able to help you out, im in the SGV (hacienda heights) on the weekends..

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
money will incur such help, hence why we have the mechanic profession

is300plp said:
Any kind soul in LA/SGV area down to help a homie out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts