Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a whole Alpine Type-R audio system from work(Best Buy) about 1/3 regular price. Includes IVA-D310, Type-R components, Type-R 6x9, V12 mono, V12 4 channel amp, and one 12" Type-R sub. I also bought Wino's old trunk setup a while back to hold my old sub. My manager at work says that he wouldnt trust anyone at our store to do it, and Tweeter gave me a quote at around 500$. If anyone out there wants to help me out installing this, it would be great. pm if you want anymore details.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Its a pretty big job if done correctly. When we did Ja aka Splinters car we did all that and it took 10-12 hours and I had all the door plate spacers cut and all the wiring for it. $500 seems fair considering they have to build a box and put everything in. Did that quote include wire, rcas, dash kit, speaker wire, dynamat, terminals, fuse holder, distribution block, ect???? If so thats definitely a fair deal. Thats stuff adds up quickly.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Yeah, $500 is actually a really good price... My total labor from tweeter (similar setup including custom amp racks) ran me close to a G. But if anyone decides to help you, I can help too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that quote was just for labor. I already have a box, and was looking to have an amp rack built. The other thing was that they were booked out the 2nd week of september, so I was kinda dissappointed about that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1yung_is300 said:
that quote was just for labor. I already have a box, and was looking to have an amp rack built. The other thing was that they were booked out the 2nd week of september, so I was kinda dissappointed about that.

Andrew..that price is not bad....but i'll check my friend from Myer Emco for you this week.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If you want to do it in stages it might be an easier task and I could potentially lend my time. Its just a ton of wires, snaking the doors, removing the rear seats, rear deck and the dash. Having a good dash kit is a must as well. Not having one can add a boat load of time to the install. If you have never had ur car apart as well it might be good to con another MA peep into helping.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
We did splinters car earlier this year and Absimps a couple weeks ago. Both of those guys are fluent with the IS and aided in the install which helped drastically. However, if we started at 8am we might be done at 8pm if we had no hiccups. The only hiccup would be the dash kit or something not workingout of the box. Ski pass should be removed as well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah its alright...I went ahead w/ Tweeter, the guy gave me a good deal. So everythings straight. Thnx everyone tho

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which Tweeter did u go to? Every Tweeter I've been to stated I needed to purchase the parts from them to install it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts