Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! need some urgent help here!

I accidentally knicked a black rubber tube in the engine bay with a razor blade. The tube runs along the driver's side of the engine bay, it is at the top, and is clipped to the side of the engine bay and basically runs along that edge.. It is small, thin, black, and flexible.

The cut managed to put a hole in it but it didnt completely sever it. Also, I can tell that it is hollow. I did start up my car and drive a little, and didnt notice any liquid come out or anything. I have since then taped it up, etc. and I will get some silicone to patch it up.

Anyone help me ID this tube? I hope I didnt screw anything up real bad :( :( :eek:

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
come show me, or take a pic, im in san jose.

David

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
If you follow that tube to the front it goes to the winshield washer fluid container. You should be able to patch it, tape it, or cut it in two and splice with a tubing connector.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dude I think that's the flux capacitor. I don't think you'll be able to time travel anymore without some plutonium. Try speeding up to 85 and if you don't travel through time you've definately broke it. j/k It sounds like your windshield washer tube. Do like what they say above you'll be fine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
omg, thanks for all the help! you guys are super :lol:

yup thats the exact tube...

i patched it up and can still travel back in time ( er I mean wash my windows ) .. whew :chill:

seriously tho, thanks for all the help! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts