Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long did your build up take?? my car has been in the shop since july 2nd. i call every 4 days to checkup on it and i get the same asnwer"we're working on the wiring harness". no actual work has been done except for the HKS Fcon5 wiring harness. i'm going crazy waiting for this -i figured about 4weeks tops -- yours??

·
Registered
266 Posts
My install at PFS took 2 weeks. It sounds like they don't know what they're doing. What kit is it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a PHR stage 2 kit--its being installed by SP enginerring--they say i have to have the HKS F-con5 and its the reason for the delay :(

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There is no shippable PHR kit out. Unless you convinced PHR and signed a release stating that you were willing to buy their kit and have another tuner install it.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
SP Engineering is doing the install! They are only 3 minutes from my house, I should check this out. I have heard they are a reputable company. What is the harness for?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they say the harness is for the F-con5(HKS fc)te whole kit isnt from PHR-but parts of it are-very confusing-i'm told there are over 200+ wires they have to add to the car to run this thing--yes they(SP) are a great company-ie supra7-im not bashing just wondering if this time frame is usual-cause it seems too long to me- if getting quality takes time thats fine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yea, theyre giving you a line a bullshit.
Theres no reason for the fcon.
There are other ways to manage the car - tell them to stop the work - shove the fcon - and get you an e-manage.

Theyre trying to get you to pay an outrageous labor bill.

·
Registered
156 Posts
yeah that's the truth. fcon is not neccessary. i knew those asses at sp dont know what they are doing. look they always get outside consultants to build their cars. they've been working on a is300 turbo kit since what... 2 years ago.. AND NOTHING!!!!.... cause no one in house has a clue. they also bought that SARD blast SC400 drag car and NO ONE COULD GET IT TO RUN. they had to hire a tech from HKS to come down and fix the damn thing. and when the tech got down there he was so amazed at the mess they made he almost just quit right on the spot.

depending on what kind of boost you plan on runing, the fcon wont be neccessary. you can get by with a boost controller, any kind really, a fuel management; anything from a safc to a gcc and a vpc setup to a standalone like haltech.

either way you are getting screwed and they are billing you for hours that just aint there. ive been around and had my car done right. I drove out to florida and had toyomoto put it in

Arthur

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Why not just use the eMange on it. Its pretty simple compared to other ways of tuning.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Yeah, SP Engineering has a good reputation, but them trying to use the F-Con for the IS300 turbo kit seems a bit strange or unnecessary simply from all the boosted IS300s running around without the use of F-Con. Remeber "Accord-R" everyone? Paisely's one and only turbo kit? They tried using the F-Con and had peeps come in from HKS and all...That should give you better ideas on what's going on... Good luck, and hope to see ya boosted on the road soon. :)

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I remember his car. How is it doing?

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
ITP said:
I remember his car. How is it doing?
Last time I heard about him, he sold his kit according to the grapevine.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I wonder why. He seemed to had really loved it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the info guys--at first they tried to use the greddy profec e01 but said that it wouldn't do the job good enough-said they found problems with the fuel maps that would cause the car to run too lean even though the fc saw it as running fine. also said there is a fuel return problem that has to be addressed. so i guess ill wait--i just get crazy when i hear about you guys shaming M3,benz,and the like. :D

·
2,073 Posts
bloodlust said:
thanks for the info guys--at first they tried to use the greddy profec e01 but said that it wouldn't do the job good enough-said they found problems with the fuel maps that would cause the car to run too lean even though the fc saw it as running fine. also said there is a fuel return problem that has to be addressed. so i guess ill wait--i just get crazy when i hear about you guys shaming M3,benz,and the like. :D
As you've found out, HKS doesn't make a dedicated wiring harness for the IS300, but I'd think the Mk IV Supra harness would be similar.

BTW, it's called the F Con "S" not 5.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts