Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really wanting a real nice look for my is300 I am soon to get.
I want something that is not cheesy and looks luxry but sporty at same time. Everytime I go to a site that sells kits I get confused on which one I want because the body kit pics they have arent that great

Attachments

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
the dark grey car (GGP) has the TRD kit. at least that what we call it here. in Japan i think its standard OEM called something else. you can find replicas by Vis Racing. in this case you want a replica becuase the authentic JDM lip wont fit a US bumper. the sideskirts and rear lip on the GGP car are alos refered to as the LTuned or Neo. again replica should be ok. or try Carson Toyota, a vendor here

the white car has a Rod Millen (RMM) lip. i personally was never a fan of this kit. its so little its almost no existent. plus RMM only makes a front and sides no rear. so people generally mix and match with the LTuned pieces. again check with Carson Toyota

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you alot for giving me the names. I am just having a hard time figuring what I want to put on it. Because I really want to go for a vip look with maybe a sporty look at the same time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not trying to bother any one, but do you think these kits would look clean in person L-Tuned Parts - Wald IS300 Sports Line Kit
L-Tuned Parts - Elixer IS300 Body Kit
L-Tuned Parts - RMM IS300 5-piece Body Kit
with maybe these
L-Tuned Parts - Elixer Carbon Fiber Hood (Type II) Carbon fiber hood
L-Tuned Parts - Carbon Fiber Hood for IS300 TRD Japan carbon fiber hood
L-Tuned Parts - Carbon Fiber Trunk for IS300 TRD Japan carbon fiber trunk
IS300 OEM Style SPoiler w/light PAINTED!!
spoiler with light painted
But I think thoughes would ruin the vip look

·
Premium Member
20,996 Posts
you dont have a vip car so dont try to do a vip look. youll just look stupid. also search. these kits have been around for years so you wont be the first on this site with any of them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its not really vip what I am trying say, I used it wrong what I mean is I want something clean and simple. I don't want a really crazy kit on it. Also I know I wont be the first or be different I just want a clean ride and I am having a hard time trying figure out a good setup for the car; and that's what I am really asking for what would be a good setup for it that is not to crazy and is simple and clean that I can put on it.

I would try to be different I just don't wont to be disappointed when I put everything on and it does not look good.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
In my opinion, I think the RMM kit is the cleanest kit you can find. Its super clean. BTW, that picture of the white IS does not have RMM sides on it. Those are the stock sides.

Personally, I run the Carson Rear, RMM Sides, and RMM Front. Now moving to a version select front.

(I wanted something a little bit more aggressive for the front and decided to move to a Version select front bumper)....

Stick with RMM for the cleanest. Especially the sides. The polyurethane in my opinion is very forgiving when some mechanics put your car on a lift and the sides bend a little bit. (A lot of mechanics actually don't lift the cars correctly, which is when the lift would contact the sideskirts and bend). I'm pretty sure that other then Genuine L-Tuned skirts, the RMM are the only other ones.

Hope that helped ya,

Hiral

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Not trying to bother any one, but do you think these kits would look clean in person L-Tuned Parts - Wald IS300 Sports Line Kit
L-Tuned Parts - Elixer IS300 Body Kit
L-Tuned Parts - RMM IS300 5-piece Body Kit
with maybe these
L-Tuned Parts - Elixer Carbon Fiber Hood (Type II) Carbon fiber hood
L-Tuned Parts - Carbon Fiber Hood for IS300 TRD Japan carbon fiber hood
L-Tuned Parts - Carbon Fiber Trunk for IS300 TRD Japan carbon fiber trunk
IS300 OEM Style SPoiler w/light PAINTED!!
spoiler with light painted
But I think thoughes would ruin the vip look
Wald is a cool kit but sits kinda low. depending on how you drive and the roads in your area you might destroy this kit fast. check ebay. another case where you need a replica to fit.

Elixer kit is hot but not for a every day car. sits way low. and is an agressive kit

RMM already mentioned

Elixer Type 2 hood. baller hood. big bucks plus takes forever to get from japan.

TRD Carbon hood. ive read that the fit and finish on these hoods are real nice. the price makes most shy away. you can find less expensive hoods like Seibon

lastly stay away from lextasy.com

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
that TTE is gorgeous...Very subtle :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.