Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I hate to do it, but I too need help varifying a wheel fitment. I alwyas told myself I would do my own homework and not bug you guys with another newbie wheel question. :lol: I found a set of used wheels at a great price, so I am rushed as was able to only do a little research on my own. I read the other post about calculating fitment, and I think I did it right. Just wanted to make sure.

The wheels in question are 18x8.5 with 40mm offset all the way around. they came off a Lexus SUV. My car is a 2002 at stock height. I don't really want to mess with modding the fenders too much. Nothing extreme. From my math in the other post I figured they would fit in the rear, but not up front. Correct????

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Rear is fine. Front is pushing it. You'll need to stretch the tire and roll the fender for that to work.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
^^^ Ride height has nothing to do with fit unless you never intend to use your suspension travel.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand about the suspension travel. If I do lower it in the future, it will be a mild drop. The are just too many hard places to get into around here. So will I definately need to roll the fender lip? ANd even after that will I need to stretch a narrower tire? What size tire do you think I need?

Thanks again for all the input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts