Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guysi have the 2007 IS 250 which i got in June. i currently have about 14000 miles on it. right now i dont have any signs or any alerts telling me i need to get any type of servicing done on the car. next oil change isnt due for another 1000 miles. and this morning as i was driving to work, when i was making a right turn, as i hit the brakes, the car made this vibrating noise and i lost complete control of the car (as if the wheel alignment was gone) and i had to stop the car to see what was wrong with it. everything seemed fine afterwards although the brake pedal does feel pretty lose. So what can be the problem? Should i be getting the brakes checked out? i dont know why i lost the control of the car once the car made the vibrating noise after i stepped on the brake pedal. Any kind of advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
I'll try but need some more info......how fast were you going?? Road condition, wet or dry?? How hard did you brake?? Were you pumping the brake pedal?? Loose pedal, check to see if the brake fluid is low. Where did the vibrating noise come from, front or rear, wheels, steering or engine area? What do you mean you lost complete control, did you skid and hit some thing?

Since you are still under warranty, I would take it to the dealer to have it checked out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
it makes me think that you activated the ABS......but your pedal shouldnt feel that way afterwards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try but need some more info......how fast were you going?? Road condition, wet or dry?? How hard did you brake?? Were you pumping the brake pedal?? Loose pedal, check to see if the brake fluid is low. Where did the vibrating noise come from, front or rear, wheels, steering or engine area? What do you mean you lost complete control, did you skid and hit some thing?

Since you are still under warranty, I would take it to the dealer to have it checked out.
Sorry to respond late. I was going only 10-15 mph because it was a sharp right turn. the road condition was completely dry. i braked normally (like how i always brake before making any kind of turn). i wasnt pumping the brake pedal. and i was listening to music at the same time so i couldnt exactly hear where the vibrating noise came from but as far as i remember i think i heard it from the engine area or something as soon as i hit the brake pedal. i lost control as in the car skidded and turned all the way to the right instead of going straight but thank god i didnt hit anything because i regained control of the car soon but the car had to come to a complete stop before that happened. so that's the whole story. and it's been 4 days since the incident and the steering wheel still feels a little loose (better than before though) and the brake pedal is pretty lose (i have to push hard in order for the brake to work). i was thinking of just getting it checked out.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Take it to your dealership and have it checked out. It could be a lot of different things especially with all the electronic systems built into your car. You are still under warranty at 14,000mi and it is better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with above.

Might as well take it in to get it checked. Most things are unlikely because the car is so new but you never know.

If you hit something underneath the car, it's possible that the axle is slightly bent.

Be sure to check the tires. See if there is uneven wear in the center vs the outside of the tread, also on a certain spot vs the whole tire.

If you have a trusted mechanic, that would be another avenue I'd be looking toward for a complete inspection.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you were taking the turn at 10 or 15 mph i dont understand how the car could skid in completely dry conditions. I think it has to do with the brake pads coming loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts