Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was trying to install my front sway bar and the endlink bolt and nut are so rusted together i cant seem to get it loose. i tried the vise grip method with no luck( try holding it from back and front of nut) so i was like fuck it let me take off the whole endlink and jsut replace it. but now the bottom bolt of the enlink where it meets the control arm is in worst shape than the top of the endlink where it meets the sway bar :( there hole where you put the 5mm allen key isnt even there anymore it got filled up somehow, i tried to turn just the nut with a big ass breaker bar but the whole assembly turns...wtf

so if anyone else has any ideas on how to get the bottome bolt/nut off PLEASE lend a hand

also if anyone can look up the part number to the NUT that is on the bolt that connects the endling to the control arm i really need it, its a 17mm nut

thanks any help is appreciated

so far i have the following part number

endlink (larger 17mm nut) ??????
endlink (smaller 14mm nut) 9008017227
endlink rear 48830-51010
endlink front 48820-22041

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
do u have anyone helping you? i think u should have someone make sure u dont twist it too far when u say the "whole assembly turns".

take a deep breathe and go find some PB blaster. let it sit for a while, then drop all ur tools and take a good look at what has changed, and figure out what goes where, etc. if u can put the endlink back to where it was before, just do it, and let the PB blaster do its job, after. if not, check and find out what happened to the hole that got filled, it doesnt happen magically, so maybe u did something.

dont force, ull be stripping the bolts soon..

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah bro 1/2 can of pb later still no aval lol. when trying to remove the bolt to the control arm there should be a 5 mm hole to put a allen key into so i can turn the nut without the endlink bolt turning but i guess 4 years of new england weather filled that hole up or something cause its not there anymore, when i turn the nut the bolt jsut rutn with it so i cant get it loose,, am about to just cut thing thing off when my overnighted endlinks come tomorrow, just need to find the part numebr to the 17mm nuts .... thanks bro

·
Apricot idea killer
18,211 Posts
Christ, i feel for ya. Im up in MA and just one side on the front prolly took me longer to screw around with than it did for puttine stuff in like headers or intake/exhaust stuff. I just emptied a can of liquid wrench and WD-40 onto it, whacked it, heated it, and then after about a whole day of all this crap ended up getting it off by doing what you tried with holding the screw from behind the swaybar with pliers and that finally worked. NE weather pwnts us. Hope this works out fer ya.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: my order for replacement endlinks came in today, i ordered it here( much, much thanks to a post by : Djsenyi)

http://www2.alldiscountautoparts.co...Link&category=L

it was linke $75 for both overnighted to me and its made in japan non oem parts ( even though i think lexus was going to outsource the part when i tried to order from them anyways :rolleyes: ) quality seem very well built and it came with both 14mm and 17mm nuts already :bigSmile:. so i would recommend this company to get this part from anytime! and for the price it was well worth it.

well off to the some torching/ grinding, im step all over those rusted up endlinks when i get them off lol i swear it took me more time to try to get those off than it would have took me to do my 60k service. bolts with allen keys right near the brakes who the idiot that thought of that one up and yet its such a standard thing..... anyways enough of my ranting WOOOOOOHOOO!

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
just cut it off.
If your hole isn't there, it's cause it'd filled with dirt. Just pick the dirt out with a screwdriver or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts