Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello IS community, this is my first post but have read plenty on the site. I recently ran into a issue that i'd like some input. I have a few things already in mind of what the problem might be but other opinions are nice.

The other day I went out and started my car it seemed a little rough and i felt vibrations. Knew something was up, decided not to drive my is. Before leaving in my other car tried starting it again this time no luck. It cranks all the way and sounds like it wants to start but wont.

Later in the day I decide to give it a jump and see if the battery was possibly a problem. I didn't leave it hooked up very long a few minutes got it to start again but car sounded sick when reving it. I went ahead and attempted to drive it around the block. It would gain and loose power on my way back around it completely died again.

Since then i changed battery to a for sure working one, changed spark plugs and replaced value gaskets. I have had an oil leak for a while now so when changing spark plugs did notice oil on them.

I have at least half a tank of gas, always use premium. Oil was changed not too long ago. Its an auto with 180K. I drive it on average less than 25 miles a day.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
As stated above, are there any DTCs - is the check engine light on?

If you do have spark, and I had to take a shot in the dark, my best guess would be that the fuel pump is on its way out.

Check for spark and let us know

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would go to auto parts store and have them check your alternator, could test and see if your plugs are getting spark, if the 3 coils are working ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts