Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, if anyone would care to explain to me.

I'm thinking about getting an exhaust system, I was thinking about the Greddy catback or the Apexi catback. In the sticky on mufflers, people have been saying the HKS is the best, but their exhausts are only mufflers? not the full cat back? If I want to keep my cat, then what is the best option for exhaust if I want power? I'm also waiting to get the APEXi SAFC (the old one) on e-bay, and i already have a cold air intake, how many extra horses or how much torque can i expect with the combination of a good exhaust, cold air intake and afc?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,476 Posts
the removasl of the midpipe on most cars will not yeild any large gains, so be it catback, or rear-section only, its basically the same thing. retaining the mid pipe will keep your car a little quieter too.


neither will require the loss of your cat(s).

In regards to the S-afc, I don't know what power to expect, but kee[ in mind its not Plug-n-play, you have to tune it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,055 Posts
Yes HKS is the rear section only, not a catback system. like s0y said, none of them require removal of your cats. Catback system just means there is a b-pipe which is connected to your rear section/muffler. its an extra pipe in the exhaust setup, thats all.

HKS definitely has the best power gains also, especially tuned with the S-AFC
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
and what "cold air intake" is this?
No reputable company makes one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,875 Posts
dj-jay said:
If I want to keep my cat, then what is the best option for exhaust if I want power? I'm also waiting to get the APEXi SAFC (the old one) on e-bay, and i already have a cold air intake, how many extra horses or how much torque can i expect with the combination of a good exhaust, cold air intake and afc?

Thanks
If you want to keep your cats and want performance then get the HKS Hiper. with your combination tuned perfectly you would gain anywhere from 15-25rwhp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,501 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
and what "cold air intake" is this?
No reputable company makes one.
maybe a hybrid?
well wouldnt it involve cutting some metal anyway in our cars? Dunno where the filter would go.
 

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
22,260 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
SophieSleeps said:
and what "cold air intake" is this?
No reputable company makes one.
maybe a hybrid?
well wouldnt it involve cutting some metal anyway in our cars? Dunno where the filter would go.
cut a hole in back of the headlight and toss the filter behind the fog.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top