Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an alignment and the car felt like crap afterward. The back end is all weirdI need another place to do the work. Please give me some recomendations. Thanks.

So Cal SGV area or anywhere in so cal.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Goto Luxury Motor Works in Monrovia....

I meet Steve and he does nice work at his place...

Tell him Joe Z sent ya!!!!!

8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope this helps you!
These guys are in the Long Beach Area.

Tom's Tire
2775 E. Willow
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(562) 424-0404

Off the 405 fwy, South of Long Beach Airport.
It cost me about $85 all 4 computer alignment.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
westend alignment
18008 s vermont ave
gardena, ca
310/808-9233
ask for darin
he's the best.... sets up a lot of racers, autox, rally, etc...
did a perfect job on my install (worked on a bunch of others here, too)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I will check those places out.

I don't trust discount tires all that much. I'm sure they didn't do an alignment job for me once (no printout) because my BMW's Tires were all wearing out funny in the front.

I was checking out the align job and saw that the ecentric oval washer on the toe adjustment was popped out of the subframe lip. :eek: and tighten to that it almost flaten it :eek: :eek: . I wrench the [email protected] toe adjuster myself and got the toe straighten out myself.

It drive straighter. I'm sure it isn't in proper spec. but better than before. I'm sure I can hang for a week before going to another shop.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
i got my alignment at discount tires in el monte...they did a pretty good job. it was something around $140 or so for lifetime alignment...i forgot the exact number...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
irv_usc said:
just curious but where did you go so we don't ever end up going there..
Firestone service center in Arcadia.

They did a good job last time but when I request to dial out some rear camber the guy screwed up the ecentric bolt adjustment.

·
Registered
180 Posts
juniorsdad said:
westend alignment
18008 s vermont ave
gardena, ca
310/808-9233
ask for darin
Like what juniorsdad said. Darin is the real deal. Torrance Acura goes to him for suspension advice. He is that good. I went to him for my sway bar install and alignment (for autox). Flawless job. He'll do corner balancing as well (if you are a hardcore autoxer or track racer. If you do end up going to him, plan at least 2 weeks ahead. He is very busy. Cash only.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
speedtrap said:
juniorsdad said:
westend alignment
18008 s vermont ave
gardena, ca
310/808-9233
ask for darin
Like what juniorsdad said. Darin is the real deal. Torrance Acura goes to him for suspension advice. He is that good. I went to him for my sway bar install and alignment (for autox). Flawless job. He'll do corner balancing as well (if you are a hardcore autoxer or track racer. If you do end up going to him, plan at least 2 weeks ahead. He is very busy. Cash only.
Another reco for Darin/West End...

He fine tuned my coilovers, corner balanced my ride and did an alignment...he IS the real deal. People take their porsche's to him to have him fine tune the suspension before race day...no joke mang.

Hey juniorsdad and speedtrap, did you he use the three-part analogy on you guys too?: old grandma, spirited driver, or full out race. Which one did you guys pick? I chose spirited driver.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Spirited driver with mild autoxing & track, i.e. 1/16" toe-out (front), 0 toe (rear); -.5 degree camber (front and rear). Still within factory specs. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
juniorsdad said:
westend alignment
18008 s vermont ave
gardena, ca
310/808-9233
ask for darin
Darin at West End put in my sportivo kit. He even fine-tuned it with me in the driver's seat. Recomended by Steve of Carson Toyota as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts