Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2002 is300 red, is coming to the end of her time with me this december. i have put a little money in her like konig hole wheels, yokohama prada spec 2 tires 18" hr springs, srt intake, carbon dash kit, vis invader hood, rmm carbon lip,altezza grill, clear cornermarkers. cf eyelids... i love the car and it only has 23000 miles on it. way low milage for its age. all the parts on it can come off relatively easy,and my buyout is a cheap 16k. is it worth buying the car and sell it privately cause i see these things selling for close or above 20k stock with more miles. or just let it go, and get what i can for the parts added. anyone here have opinions,

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
If the buy out price is more than half the price of the car then turn it inand sellthe after market stuff.

If the buy out is half the price of the car then buy it and sell later.

·
Registered
796 Posts
keep it, that is a cheap buyout as far as i can tell...plus you have already put money into it.

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is a little too broad of a statement to live by. the car is an auto, full leather, totally optioned but no nav. figured i buy it for 16, and easily ebay it for 20 or more. the car is hot, i took 2nd place at carlisle 2 years in a row with it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
redlexjp said:
that is a little too broad of a statement to live by. the car is an auto, full leather, totally optioned but no nav. figured i buy it for 16, and easily ebay it for 20 or more. the car is hot, i took 2nd place at carlisle 2 years in a row with it.
too broad?? well, anyway I meant it would benefit you to buyout b/c it is worth more than 16K....then do whatever you want with it.

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my response was to gray rider not you sorry. and i am tired of the car, 3 1/2 yrs is long enough. i want to trade up. thats why i lease.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
redlexjp said:
my response was to gray rider not you sorry. and i am tired of the car, 3 1/2 yrs is long enough. i want to trade up. thats why i lease.
Sorry, I did'nt elaborate. Well as you have said your buy out price is $16k, and you leased for 3.5yrs and paid at least $16k more or less on your lease. So your buy out price is half the price of the car which is good. So purchasing the car is an option to sell it for more. The other option is to remove all your after market stuff and sell it individually. Turn the car in and trade up for a new one

As for my first statement if the buy out price is more than half the price of the car (above $16k and more) it's not worth buying the car out, just turn it in at lease end or trade up to another lease.

·
Registered
102 Posts
so let me ask

why do you modify a car...aka personalize it (unique, just like everyone else!)...if all you're gonna do is get rid of it after you finish it

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BigEshake said:
so let me ask

why do you modify a car...aka personalize it (unique, just like everyone else!)...if all you're gonna do is get rid of it after you finish it
Why not? i like having a unique ride that everyone appreciates. I also dont mind the small loss i will take by reselling the mods, after all i did get to enjoy them and thts all thats important. the benefit in leasing is when you only enjoy driving the same car for 3-4 years you lease, knowing that after the term you turn the car in and start fresh again. yeah i have no equity in the car but who cares, i also have no 500-600/month car payment.

·
Registered
630 Posts
redlexjp said:
Why not? i like having a unique ride that everyone appreciates. I also dont mind the small loss i will take by reselling the mods, after all i did get to enjoy them and thts all thats important. the benefit in leasing is when you only enjoy driving the same car for 3-4 years you lease, knowing that after the term you turn the car in and start fresh again. yeah i have no equity in the car but who cares, i also have no 500-600/month car payment.
equity in a car, lol. :suspiciou

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm... any idea what Lexus would do for you when you turn in the car? I am in the same boat but with no mods on the car... bone stock... Manual with the limited slip... will have about 32k miles on the car when I turn it in.

I know that they have the Encore Program and the Low Mileage Program. Anyone know how much these programs are worth usually?

I am thinking if you can combine these programs (which you are supposedly allowed to do), and can get a car at near invoice (having a "friend" at the dealer helps)... you would probably be able to pick up a new IS350 for close to the same payment you are making now....

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what is the encore and low mile program that you speak of??? never heard of this. and as far as i was concerned i hadnt expected lexus to do anything for me. either i turn the car in when lease ends, or i buy it from them. can someone else explain this encore program please.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They have them up on the webpage... and you should get some info from the dealer about them... if you are a return lessee they give you some cash down... and if you usually do not put a lot of miles on the car they give you a break on the lease rate because they know that the car will come back at a higher resale value.

I wasn't sure of the dollar amount of the programs though..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts