Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I need some advice. This morning on my way to work I was driving down the freeway drinking my jamba juice and minding my own business and they next thing I know this cop pulls me over! I just remember thinking what is going on, There was a car in front of me and cars all along side me, so I was going with the flow of traffic. I pulled over and he says "I am pulling you over for speeding! you were going like 85!" Then I said. I'm sorry but I was going with the flow of traffic I didn't think I was speeding. and he says "No you were exceeding traffic give me your licence and info." While I'm getting it out he starts walking around my car!!! Looking at everything then he says "you dont have a front licence plate!" I was so upset, I can not believe he was just looking for all these little petty things to ticket me for!! I'm glad he didnt say anything about my tinting! He had his dark glasses on the whole time so maybe he never noticed! It makes me so sick because I had just seen some guy in a beat up car driving in the shoulder cutting of other cars! I see people smoking weed while they are driving all the time and the cops never pull them over!!! Anyways I asked him if he clocked my speed with a radar and he said "No, I was following you!" and he gave me a ticket saying 80+! Has anyone else had to deal with this before? What have you done? I just dont think that is fair for them to give a ticket so someone with no proof!! How can they really prove you were going that speed by following you?? Without a radar how can he say that is accurate!? Anyways my court date is in November and I was just wondering if anyone has disputed this type of thing?? Its my first ticket.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've went to court for my tickets before and the judge dropped the tickets and just made me pay court costs. This is the kicker...court costs were around $300. You make the call.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
i got a speeding ticket 3 months ago for doing 80 in a 65.

he also add'd on no front licence plate and tint (20% tint)

i got 3 tickets in 1 >:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts